Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Rance games

Which Rance game should someone play first? (choose up to 3)

• Rance II/02: The Rebellious Shrine Maidens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rance III

• Rance IV/4.1/4.2: Legacy of the Sect

• Rance 5D: The Lonely Girl

• Rance Quest Magnum

• Rance IX: The Helman Revolution

• Total voters

Jason Liang

Arcane
Someone asked on shoutbox which Rance game they should play first. They are willing to give ONE Rance game a try. Let's poll it!

English translation not necessary, willing to use VN Reader.

Please be careful about plot spoilers, thanks!

Also someone would like to know which is your favorite. So please use one of your votes for your favorite and you can use the thread to specify which. Someone cares only about which ones are the most fun.

KingDoofus TigerKnee Deuce Traveler thesecret1 Martyr Bohrain WhiskeyWolf adrix89 Jedi Master Radek TheEntitledOne lightbane Average Manatee Nostaljaded Jacob Hobo Elf abnaxus Bishamonten dark knight Reinhardt LJ40 M. AQVILA DrDustCell Shaewaroz Nirvash Stefan Vujovic Maxie SerratedBiz Cyberarmy felipepepe Karwelas JoKa Raghar Dayyālu GarfunkeL OndrejSc Matador Grinolf Red Eye

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've only played kichikou, VI and Sengoku, and I'd say any of the latter two are a fine place to start.

VI is probably the better intro to the setting and recurring characters, but sengoku is a better game imo.

lightbane

Arcane
I would say watch the ova for the first game to see if he likes the setting. Then Sengoku as usual, as well as Rance VI if he likes the former.
Speaking of: Is Rance 5D worth it? I'm considering playing it, but if it's so RNG dependent as they say, it may be quite annoying.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sengoku if you just want a good game, VI if you want to get into the series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom