Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Regarding recent changes to the RPG Forum

I am very upset about RPG Forums

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Fuck off newfags. This is the way God intended. If you don't want AAA talk clogging the front page don't talk about it. The content of General RPG Discussion is a mirror of the codex tastes.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
majorityrules.png

Just wanted to point out that I've ignored the poll results again. :smug:

Tigranes

Arcane
I think the solution to all this is simple: remove the ability to make threads, and then have DU and a couple others open two or three threads a week, based on a carefully curated selection of topics worth DISCUSS!ing.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I get that codexers are a fickle bunch that hate change, but I still think the subforum thing as implemented was a bad idea. Hopefully the rest of the codex won't turn around and prove me wrong by asking for that solution a few months from now.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the solution to all this is simple: remove the ability to make threads, and then have DU and a couple others open two or three threads a week, based on a carefully curated selection of topics worth DISCUSS!ing.

I think it's even simpler than that - just have one megathread for all RPG discussion. :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just wanted to point out that I've ignored the poll results again. :smug:
This proves once again that Excommunicator is a Fucking Quality Poster ™ and judging by the poll results he's clearly better than half of the Codex.

I like the tags. I don't have to go through a dozen different pages hunting for the threads I may or may not be interested in, but I can still tell at a glance, without even reading the thread title, if this is something I'm interested in or not. Is good.

Also, the subfora system was shit for lacking NWC, but I noticed there is now a Might and Magic tag :incline:

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm fine with the way things are.
Although the tags solution looks interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom