Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Something wrong with the forums? (everything goes white / CSS not loading)

Do you get this problem?

• Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use Chrome)

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use some other browser)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (Chrome)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (some other browser)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (Chrome).

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (other browser).

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome-free)

Votes: 38 39.2%

• Total voters

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title

Did that and it fixed the "white, white everywhere !" problem, thanks.

I'm using Chrome, freshly updated Version 27.0.1453.94 m.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I had a new issue, though I'm not sure if it's related.

Loaded a new page and it caused all of the borders to disappear. Could see the background image on the website.

EDIT: Yep, just got the white screen a couple more times.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm using the latest version of Chrome. I manually removed all cookies, cleared the cache, and I'm still getting strange display problems on a regular basis—white screen or some other form of missing/corrupted formatting. This happens most often when refreshing a thread or subsection.

Using Shift-F5 (refreshes page while simultaneously clearing cache) "solves" the issue.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I may have to take extreme measures...

As of right now, my problem (thread refresh causing formatting corruption) seems to have disappeared. Last night, refreshing a page without clearing the cache caused corruption every time.

If you just did something, it's worked for me.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok, if clearing out your cache and reloading doesn't work now, I don't know what will.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It seems to be fixed now. I cleared the cache, refreshed the homepage, forum overview, subforum view, and thread page view multiple times, and all appears normal.

Tytus

Arcane
Had the same problem yesterday. As for now it's all cool. I hope it stays that way.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Clearly the solution is to use Maxthon, not Chrome or Firefox or Opera or any of your shitty mainstream browsers. :smug:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It broke again for me earlier today for quite some time, but now it's fine again.

This is my last post on the matter, as I doubt reporting in every time there's an issue will be helpful. If there's a recurrence, I'll just tough it out and assume it'll get sorted eventually.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, question: All you proles who are having issues, are any of you NOT using adblock?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I'd been starting to wonder if AdBlock or some other extension might have something to do with it, though I can't imagine why it would. Let me disable it entirely real quick.

...The problem persists with AdBlock disabled and after clearing cache/cookies once AdBlock was disabled.

This isn't exactly what my patrician overunderlord asked for, but I figured I'd give it a try and post results anyway.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
personally i find the need to report that it's been a very fucking long time since it last went all white. And that's it not fair. I watch Scarface daily to take heart and revel in nostalgy of similar experiences, but i see that bowl and grow jealous everytime and that makes it all worse. That's not fair.

...oh...he meant the site...yeah...i knew that...

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I have the same issue, Chrome, not using adblock. Both on home and work computers.

Sodafish

Arcane
I too have been having this issue a lot with both Chrome and Chromium.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Taluntain - Maybe it's an issue with CloudFlare not having updated CSS files? Anyway to force update those or something?

However, so far, it only seems to be Chrome that's affected.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's possible, yea... though it's odd that it'd only happen in one browser. I haven't seen it happen in Firefox. I've cleared the CF cache so if it was due to that, it shouldn't be happening any more now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom