Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Something wrong with the forums? (everything goes white / CSS not loading)

Do you get this problem?

• Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use Chrome)

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use some other browser)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (Chrome)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (some other browser)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (Chrome).

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (other browser).

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome-free)

Votes: 38 39.2%

• Total voters

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I used Firefox until it started to fuck up Java and crash all the time across all my PCs.
Get rid of java. If you can think of a website that requires it, and I mean *really* requires it, stop going to it. It's a bad website.

Yeah, no. I kindda need online banking and access to every single government site. My SU (scholarship, basically), doctor, education, post, payment notes - everything, really - goes through a login-method that requires Java.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I used Firefox until it started to fuck up Java and crash all the time across all my PCs.
Get rid of java. If you can think of a website that requires it, and I mean *really* requires it, stop going to it. It's a bad website.

Yeah, no. I kindda need online banking and access to every single government site. My SU (scholarship, basically), doctor, education, post, payment notes - everything, really - goes through a login-method that requires Java.
I'm sorry to hear that. Well, let me the one to personally tell you how that sucks donkey balls. Maybe you should move to Sweden?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, let me the one to personally tell you how that sucks donkey balls. Maybe you should move to Sweden?

I know it sucks. It's messing with Chrome as well, taking ages to load. Just less so than with Firefox. And as I said, Firefox kept crashing on me (YouTube in particular didn't play well with Firefox).

Nadosh

Novice
Same problem as the OP here, CSS sometimes does not load (properly) also using Chrome. Don't you guys dare suggest using Internet Explorer :mad:, Chrome is sleek and fast

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I would actually recommend Internet Explorer over Chrome. Chrome isn't as sleek and fast as people believe and it's far from the most stable browser. At least use Firefox.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, I've noticed it happening more and more lately...

I officially have no idea why.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Must be. If it's been more than 10 minutes without Ctrl+f5 refreshing, the codex css breaks. FFS DarkUnderlord, can't you get your mensa buddies to fix this? :P

This is the most useful thingie I could find on the topic:
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/zID6uQQfKH8

Turning off ETags and setting no-cache in the http header should work as a stopgap solution. That should force the CSS to reload every time a page loads.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, the short answer is that something is fucked with Chrome and Google need to fix it.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
fuckup72ujw.png

code's a bit fuck up mang.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Can everyone who gets this try this in Chrome:

Settings -> Advanced Settings link at the bottom -> Privacy -> Clear the tickbox next to "Predict network actions to improve page load performance"

... and see if it still causes problems.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Done. I will let you know* how it works out

*I will bitch and whine incessantly if this doesn't work

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Can everyone who gets this try this in Chrome:

Settings -> Advanced Settings link at the bottom -> Privacy -> Clear the tickbox next to "Predict network actions to improve page load performance"

... and see if it still causes problems.

I've had that option turned off for months, no good :/

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've had this problem a few times, but it was never bad enough to bother me, and Ctrl+F5 solution always worked. I'm using Chrome on three different PCs (1x XP and 2x Win7). If I'm not wrong, the problem only appeared on the ones with Win7.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I've updated my SRWare Iron browser to the latest version (27.0.1500.0), and encountered the white page problem. Previous version was 25.0.1400.0 from March.

So could be some issues with Chromium.

Edit: Fixed with Ctrl+F5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom