Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Something wrong with the forums? (everything goes white / CSS not loading)

Do you get this problem?

• Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use Chrome)

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use some other browser)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (Chrome)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (some other browser)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (Chrome).

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (other browser).

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome-free)

Votes: 38 39.2%

• Total voters

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
http://i.imgur.com/PtlBD4x.jpg

Or is it just me? I'm using Chrome.
The rest is fine, just the main site is... bugged.

EDIT: I think I know what's wrong. When I refresh, it goes white. Everywhere.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That's the page unloaded without CSS. Been happening to me on the odd occasion too. Just re-fresh so it udpates the CSS and loads properly. Probably happened because the CSS has changed with the upgrade.

EDIT: I think I know what's wrong. When I refresh, it goes white. Everywhere.
Hit Ctrl-F5 to force a full refresh and it should be fine after that.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
At least for me, I have not had that problem in .... months (using Chrome). I've not experienced it lately at all.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As far as I can tell the css file goes bonkers if I stop browsing the codex for a bit then come back to it. Closing the tab then coming back fixes it.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
HEY DU THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME TOO WILL YOU QUOTE YOURSELF A THIRD TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE TOPIC!??!?!!?!?!?!?!
You bro-fisted my post which confirmed everything you read, thus I assume confirming that ctrl-F5 and doing a full refresh fixed it for you already.

Oh, you were being sarcastic.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Okay fine, I can also just close the tab and open a new one, but it shouldn't be happening at all.
Ctrl-F5 and forcing a full refresh should fix it permanently. I got the "white on refresh" and haven't had any issues since I did a full refresh.

Far as I can tell, all that's happened is the CSS has changed with the upgrade and your browser is using its cached version of the CSS - which is now old and b0rked.

Alternatively, go here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=4&dir=LTR&d=1369195059

... and here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/css....ead_view,useress&style=4&dir=LTR&d=1369195059

Force reload both of those and see if it happens again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom