Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

pop-ups hijacking web browser

protobob

Liturgist
FYI,

Since yesterday (Sept 24th) I've seen one of your pop-ups (not sure which one) hijacking my web browser's homepage and trying to put some kind of ad-aware or trojan on my PC.

Virus software (CA's Inoculan) also detects what it calls JScript/IEstart.Trojan, the file is being put in (on my win2k box):

c:\documents and settings\myusername\temporary internet files\content.ie5\4h2lchsv\object[1].HTA

Usually I have a pop-up blocker going but I just recently reinstalled the OS and havn't got around to it yet.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I've already gotten an email on this as well and have complained to our host about it. He said he's working on the problem.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
protobob said:
FYI,

Since yesterday (Sept 24th) I've seen one of your pop-ups (not sure which one) hijacking my web browser's homepage and trying to put some kind of ad-aware or trojan on my PC.

Virus software (CA's Inoculan) also detects what it calls JScript/IEstart.Trojan, the file is being put in (on my win2k box):

c:\documents and settings\myusername\temporary internet files\content.ie5\4h2lchsv\object[1].HTA

Usually I have a pop-up blocker going but I just recently reinstalled the OS and havn't got around to it yet.

Are you still using Internet Exploit with active eXploit virus tech ?

Your salvation is here.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/rel ... -win32.zip

Pray and download.

Definitly a decent browser, but I have to say that Avant is better. It runs off IE, but works like Opera (window-in style) and has a great built-in pop up blocker, and all sorts of really, really good extras and options.

www.avantbrowser.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom