Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post good CRPG OSTs.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Anvil of Dawn (PC):

One of the greatest general MIDI soundtracks, and here is the Roland Sound Canvas version, which sounds amazing (most general MIDI games were composed on this hardware).

Alternate Reality: The City (Atari 400/800)

Not only does this have an amazing soundtrack considering the hardware, the songs throughout the game (not just the intro; the shops, too) have onscreen lyrics, if you want to sing along haha.
Note also how the music in the intro is timed perfectly to the animations.

Ultima VI (PC):

Booting this game up on PC for the first time was simply amazing. The game was written for adlib, and it's one of the best adlib sountracks out there.

Bonus: MT-32 version

The MT-32 version is very nice indeed, but in this case I'd argue that the MT-32 version loses some of the atmosphere of the adlib version.

Last edited:

Metallo

Novice
No words needed fo KaiRo music...

RiP Kirill...

Enderal is a wonderful game and it's an free mod made by talented people that offer quality content better than most AAA big budget games. Just play it for story, characters and music and forget that you are playing Skyrim...

Vordt has the most epic soundtrack... it's a shame it is one of the first and weakest bossfight.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ravenloft: Stone Prophet:

LauGM Sound Font was used for the first. Merlin's Gold Sound Font was used for the last two. Can't decide on which one I like the most.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tried to play the first Ravenloft, but I couldn't make any headway.

The entire Ultima VII OST on adlib synth, the way it's meant to be heard!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession also had a bunch of awesome tracks:

God damned, are these games amazing. If you stomach the gameplay, there's an amazing experience waiting for you.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hopefully you guys don't mind stuff from total conversion mods. It's not Black Mesa, something that received the thumbs up from a game company and is available in a digital store, but it has enough meat for me to call it a new game.

F:Res tracks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom