Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post Reset Plans

kazgar

Arcane
Do we have any?

i've been busy with life, and may be for the next short while, but plan on making a return. Not much use in the next week or so, but be good to know there's some people who are going to carry on.

Even if just a shared hearthsecret so we can end up in the same place as we all start again in a metal-less world.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
my job got more annoying and time intensive, but i still want to fortify the shit out of some island.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
We could try fortifying our position early in the game, Waynesville could go for revenge.
Also B12 will probably start a new settlement and they all have OCD so they're tough competition.

kazgar

Arcane
Will be easier to deal with WV's and the russians and other OCD types with a bigger map and the new random starting locations, won't be some crazy landrush from the centre.

Should we all go a wandering and try to find resources, or clump together so we can bootstrap/grind up easier with multiple people together?

I'd probably lean towards the latter, get a small settlement up to get skills/equipment up then send out people to look for a better spot, worked sort of ok with codexia/nova codexia.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, I think we all start in the same place, setup a camp and then start to explore from there. We might be a few months until we find a perfect spot depending on skills / wildlife and other things that might be in after the reset.

Secretninja

Cipher
I would be interested in playing again after the reset. I just got so fed up being 40 steps behind everyone else with no hope of ever catching up that I got sick of it.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Wake me up when they reset it

EDIT: thread announcing it was posted on 13.feb mentioning it will happen after 2 weeks which means next friday. fuck yeah!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
You are most probably right. They'll do it on Monday to avoid server meltdown during the weekend.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So... we need to spy for a perfect place. Question is - are we going to make a town near the n00b-spawn-point or far, far, far away where no human in his mind will ever come?

Also our main goal should be making best town in the world.

Are we going to be closed community again or this time we will make town for everyone who want to join?
I think we could make one top-secret town in far-away land and one town for everyone, where we could recruit our new members for brainwashing.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
ah dun tink ther vill bee a noob spawn this time around.
just you, bears, and a lot of buttseks.

Murk

Arcane
gonna fist me some big booty bears up in this bitch

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Maybe we can make a new let's play thread or something, to attract some sla... players

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Awaiting reset...

My new character's name is going to be the same - Jaskier - or I will name myself Konjad, I'm not sure yet.

BTW. now people spawns not in the ring of brodgar but in the random place in wilderness as far as I get it, so everyone -when they create new char - should scout nearest area for mines and other shit.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
First person to spawn, post your hearth secret (in a new thread) and we'll all use it to spawn near you.

Otherwise, we have no idea how we'll ever find you and catch up with you.

Even those who want to do their own thing can spawn nearby and at least know Codexers are around.

Konjad

Patron
What if first person will spawn in wasteland? We're gonna role-play Fallout?

Anyway it's okay with me.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
DarkUnderlord said:
First person to spawn, post your hearth secret (in a new thread) and we'll all use it to spawn near you.
steal xanadu's idea and make one official codex hearth secret. people who spawn will try to use it, when it cannot be used, you just make it your own and are therefor bound to be the first.

Secretninja

Cipher
Don't know if I am out of the loop, but I am a loyal codexian, so I am ready to be a part of the new resets plans. I also can bring my brother to the table, who can spend 3 hours a day at least while at school to contribute to our plans. So if ther is a secret forum again, lemme know.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
meh, there was a message ingame around 2am gmt "something stirs..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom