Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Potato Salad Recipe. Updated: Can Dogs Detect Cancer?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Dear Editor,

My name is Joey and I’m an Editor at Jen Reviews. I was doing research on potato salad recipes and just finished reading your wonderful blog post: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/kickstarter-watch.70894/page-160

In that article, I noticed that you cited a solid post that I’ve read in the past: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zackdangerbrown/potato-salad

We just published a delicious punched potato salad recipe complete with step-by-step pictures and detailed instructions. You can find it here: https://www.jenreviews.com/punched-potato-salad/

If you like the recipe we’d be humbled if you cited us in your article. Of course, we will also share your article with our 100k newsletter subscribers and followers across our social platforms.

Either way, keep up the great work!

Warmly,
Joey

I would've posted this in the cooking forum, if only we had one.

We just published a delicious punched potato salad recipe complete with step-by-step pictures and detailed instructions. You can find it here: https://www.jenreviews.com/punched-potato-salad/

xc48XAB.jpg

:what:

Needs a backer option to stop this guy.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Imagine trying to make it in the real world with the name of Joey, it's like you already started on Hard Mode.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Why doesn't he peel the potatoes? Other than that, all the ingredients seem fine, might try something similar in the future.

Though I prefer the simple boiled potatoes + onions + olive oil + vinegar (chard + garlic instead of onions is also acceptable).

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Am I the only one having deja-vu here?

I seem to remember such a post by DU a couple years ago. Don't remember if it was potato salad last time, but since we have a potato-rich forum it wouldn't surprise me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
DarkUnderlord it is a real shame that we don't have a Slav admin seeing how more than half the people here are Slavs. We really do need those pinned threads about 10 ways to make a potato salad! :obviously:

EDIT:ADMIN not a MOD!

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Just wanted to see what you thought of the below. Hope you are well!

P.O. Box 135, Whitianga 3510, New Zealand | To unsubscribe please reply with 'Unsubscribe' in the header

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 5:38 AM, Jen Miller <jen@jenreviews.email> wrote:

Dear Editor,

My name is Jen and I’m the Editor at Jen Reviews. I was doing research on whether dogs can detect cancer and just finished reading your wonderful piece: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/non-tex-murphy-access-software-games.72342/

In that article, I noticed that you cited a solid post that I’ve read in the past: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer

We just published an updated, comprehensive guide on whether dogs can detect cancer on our sister site, Your Dog Advisor. It is completely free and you can find it here: https://yourdogadvisor.com/can-dogs-detect-cancer/

If you like the piece we’d be humbled if you cited us in your article. Of course, we will also share your article with our 100k newsletter subscribers and followers across our social platforms.

Either way, keep up the great work!

Warmly,
Jen

P.O. Box 135, Whitianga 3510, New Zealand. You may unsubscribe to stop receiving our emails.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Sick Fuck: This Dog Is Way Too Happy About Smelling Cancer
1/14/19 12:20pm
SEE MORE: WOW
ihk9yovfdusfqaaszbzq.jpg

Here’s a story about an absolutely disgusting animal that will make you furious: This dog can smell cancer, and he gets really, really happy when he does.

Jesus. What a fucking psychopath.

Duke, a 3-year-old red fox labrador, has been working with Medical Detection Dogs—a British organization that trains canines to sniff out cancer in National Health Service patients—ever since he was a puppy, and his incredible nose can detect cancer with over 95 percent accuracy. But though his snout may be more reliable at cancer detection than many lab tests, Duke has repeatedly proven to be an appallingly insensitive asshole, becoming hysterically happy any time his snout catches even the slightest whiff of a volatile cancer compound. The second his nose picks up on terminal illness in a patient, Duke instantly begins howling with unbridled ecstasy and gleefully hopping around in circles, celebrating so raucously that you’d think he’d won the goddamn Super Bowl.

There are few responsibilities in this life more sobering than having to inform someone they have cancer, yet Duke wags his tail so hard when he delivers his diagnoses that it could very well fly off his ass and break a window. While some might argue that his bedside manner could be improved with training, it’s honestly hard to imagine how you could possibly redeem a dog whose immediate reaction to detecting cancer is to gleefully jump up and start frenziedly humping the leg of a sobbing patient while they’re still struggling to process the devastating news.

Simply put, Duke is a cruel, pitiless monster who is rotten to his very core and indifferent to the suffering of man, and if his cancer-detecting abilities didn’t have such extraordinary medical value, then this cold-blooded pooch would be a prime candidate for the Old Yeller special. Fuck this piece-of-shit dog.

PorkBarrellGuy

I actually kind of want to see the science behind cancer dogs now. It's kind of plausible just prima facie - human bodies constantly release all kinds of smells, most of which humans either can't actually detect themselves or at least can't necessarily recognize as being a sign of cancer. But dogs have fantastic senses of smell and can sometimes isolate particular scents in a scent-rich environment very well depending on how well they're trained.

Also potato salad is really good when it's good, but when it's bad it's horrid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom