Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Potentially interesting game

Raapys

Arcane
Supposedly a new polish developer doing a cyberpunk'ish shooter for PC. P.nice screenshot or whatever it is, though no info so far.

http://evolve-pr.com/2011/06/30/well-we ... e-we-here/

screen-01.jpg

baronjohn

Cipher
I can tell from the one screenshot that it's just another fugly U3 game. Why do developers insist on ruining potentially interesting ideas by using that piece of shit engine? We'll never know.

Raapys

Arcane
It's pretty cheap, isn't it? At any rate, I thought it was mostly a case of developers simply not using the engine's potential. Saw some pretty neat tech demos from it years ago, yet every game released has ended up looking worse than those demos.

Though I rather like the dark art style they've gone with. Mostly concerned that it'll just end up like another crappy shooter. You never know with polish developers though.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Design, setting, what does the screen shows, well - everything other than: "It doesn't have awsum graphics like Crysis :["

I thought codex was one of the few places where "awsum graphics" doesn't count.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Ok then, let's see: Generic cyberpunk enviroment. Some strange robotic mutant/alien. How interesting!

It's just a a (fugly) tease screenshot, doesn't tell anything about the game other than it is futuristic. For all we know it might be another mediocre corridor shooter. Better wait for more info before you get all excited.

And awesome graphics do count, but don't compensate for bad gameplay (Crysis).

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Satori said:
Looks nice. Except for that hooded monster thing.

ye, looks like a bad rip-off from that robot from half-life. If it does have a cyberpunk theme I cant see it fitting well.

Raapys

Arcane
In this day and age, cyberpunk alone is enough to make it interesting. But yes, it could of course end up as just another corridor shooter.

Not really sure why some of you think it looks ugly though, with the exception of that monster thingy. The lighting and shadows could perhaps use some more work, and some more AA wouldn't hurt, but beyond that I think it looks nice, detailed and atmospheric.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Not really sure why some of you think it looks ugly though
Because it's using the U3 engine, and that's a popular engine. However, unfortunately, someone accidentally coded the ability for bloom into it and now any reasonable person has to have a kneejerk reaction of hatred whenever it is mentioned. I mean it's the engine they made gears of war with, bad game means it also had bad graphics.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
baronjohn said:
I can tell from the one screenshot that it's just another fugly U3 game. Why do developers insist on ruining potentially interesting ideas by using that piece of shit engine? We'll never know.
Rock Paper Shotgun said they're using their own in-house engine so you're sadly mistaken. Or they are. Who knows?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Right, so apparently this game is to be titled 'Hard Reset'.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oEULxM3K0U

It's apparently gonna be a cyberpunk shooter in the city of BEZOAR!!, the LAST BASTION OF HUMANITY!! in a world that is CONTROLLED BY MACHINES!!. You are MAJOR FLETCHER!! a soldier of some human independence movement or other shit, fighting against TWO OF HUMANITY'S GREATEST ENEMIES!! (who they are remains a mystery, but one of them is probably the robot hivemind or something). And, of course, NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS TO BE!! whatever that means.

The game is using an all-new engine and is supposed to ship to stores in september this year.

Angthoron

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:

It's apparently gonna be a cyberpunk shooter in the city of BEZOAR!!, the LAST BASTION OF HUMANITY!! in a world that is CONTROLLED BY MACHINES!!. You are MAJOR FLETCHER!! a soldier of some human independence movement or other shit, fighting against TWO OF HUMANITY'S GREATEST ENEMIES!! (who they are remains a mystery, but one of them is probably the robot hivemind or something). And, of course, NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS TO BE!! whatever that means.

The game is using an all-new engine and is supposed to ship to stores in september this year.

COLLAR-GRAB

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Darth Roxor said:

The originality!

MetalCraze

Arcane
The screenshot looks terrible.

Basically they took a generic San Francisco suburb - then they equipped a giant ring on top of it...

...CYBERPUNK!

When will newfag "designers" understand that taking something and then adding some random shit to it is not originality or good art.

Look! We have San Francisco... WITH A RING!!
Look! We have an early 20th century city... UNDERWATER!!
Look! We have a couple of buildings... FLYING WITH THE HELP OF BALLOONS!!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Mister Arkham said:
ITT: Skyway doesn't know what a suburb looks like. Or San Francisco.

Or maybe ITT Codex doesn't know how a night town looks?

It's a random suburb with a huge ring slapped on top of it.

Then again certain individuals on the Codex think that ME is a relatively hard sci fi so what do I know

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom