Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Prelude to Darkness Spells pt.1 - Flame

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Mat Williams; Prelude to Darkness; Zero Sum

This article covers the Flame set of spells used in Prelude to Darkness. It covers how they work, what equations determine their effects, and so on.

Here's a brief section from Mat Williams.

The general principal is that each spell is a specific pattern of thought which allows the caster to channel the Eternal Flame in some useful manner. By varying the amount of Chaos and Control within the pattern the caster can vary the spell somewhat to different effects. This generaly leads to three possible levels of the spell, the first is the balanced level, the second a more controlled version and the third a more chaotic version. Generally control improves range or duration or allows the avoidance of friend characters at a cost of damage or power and chaos does the opposite, i.e. greater power shorter range, etc... The forth level or blood level is based on using the casters own blood rather than just their energy and is the ultimate in power. -Mat Williams

Happy casting!

Chadeo

Liturgist
Inquiring minds want more!

:D

Keep up the great content SP, and mat if you are reading this keep up the support!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Met's going to get me the information on the Gifts of Goddess and the potion making skill that I can never spell, so I don't even bother trying, so we should have two more articles like this on the way to assist you in your planning for adventuring through The Valley. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom