Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by Victor Pflug, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Is it already in the works? Really enjoyed this gem of a game.

^ Top  
  2. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    No. :)

• Rage Rage x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    People will keep asking until Yes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Victor Pflug Wormwood Studios Developer

Victor Pflug

Well that's not strictly true, the timeframe for the sequel to Primordia really depends upon the upcoming success of the HD Director's Cut Remake... ;)

• Informative x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    In a way, the HD remake is laying technical groundwork for the sequel. Check-mate Mark, you've been busted!

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Han shot first. :argh:

^ Top  
  7. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Day One purchase for me at least :)

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. bertram_tung Arcane Patron

bertram_tung
    Insert Title Here
    good to finally hear the long awaited official confirmation of an hd director's cut remake

Infinitron please do the needful

^ Top  
  9. General Disarray Novice

General Disarray
    Goddman it, recently played through it on 4k 55 tv and HD it was not, guess I have to buy the game again then xD. Will I be able to enjoy it on the TV this time around?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    if kathy rain can have one why not primordia

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Maxie Learned Patron

Maxie
    because kathy remaster is a cash grab and stains the otherwise pleasant memories of the original which fate primordia should be spared

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Is it that bad? I considered buying it for a minute.

^ Top  
  13. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    It's good

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Maxie Learned Patron

Maxie
    it's not worth a single dollar if you've already played kathy rain
    if you have not, buying the original is cheaper and more fun

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Victor Pflug Wormwood Studios Developer

Victor Pflug

Well - the thing is so many people complained about the low res graphics in Primordia - I like the pixellated look, and I also did that to save time animating. But the fact is the original background sketches had a lot of detail that was lost in conversion, and a lot of stuff was painted hastily and could use a few more touches of the brush.

I think add onto that the fact that well, I like the brown - it kinda is just a smidge *too* brown.Now I haven't played me no Kathy Rain - and that looks amazing (the original) but I have played GK Sins of the Fathers, it's one of my absolute faves if not top P&C delight.
    The remake of that made my fucking eyes bleed. No purple highlight hues on portraits. Evil Priestess voice acting lacked ALL flavor. All graphics just shit, watered down almost deviant art level guff*.

THIS, is what I would absolutely avoid with an HD remake. I would just bump the graphics way up, add some more flavor and adjust *some* hues here and there. Really accentuate the things I liked about the graphics. Make it pop a little more and yeah. Higher res. Not rocket science.
    What I *won't* do is delete or water anything down. Sprites are something I need to ponder more. Possibly just use my res "template" from Strangeland and Trenchmouth.

The music might be a contentious topic but how it breaks down is basically like this;

1) I love Nathan's soundtrack, and respect his contribution and fans feelings about it

2) I actually fought really hard to do the soundtrack myself during production - almost to the brink of deciding not to publish or going commercial if it meant not using my OST for Primordia+

3) I actually made most of the soundtrack myself alongside Nathan to give him an idea of how I wanted it to sound, of which there is a 100+ amount of tracks composed by yours truly

4) I'm open to compromises here. Really ideally I'd like to do a new soundtrack that used a lot of my original Primordial tracks, and then compose some wholly new tracks with Nathan, hopefully based upon some of *his* original tracks for the game - so we don't lose that now nostalgic feel, which fuckin' surprises me that *I* now get nostalgia from it... Jesus I'm getting too old.

So yeah. I'm constantly thinking about this. It's not in the works, but it's *certainly* on the table.

*the most guilty of this is the Monkey Island remake imo. It looks like it was made by a team from Fiver. Dunno how anyone feels about that here. In my eyes it looks absolutely wretched compared to the original. ABSOLUTELY WRETCHED. :D *shudder*

+bloody glad I didn't spit the dummy in the end lol

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    Just finished this, nice game with a very good atmosphere and great artstyle. Though i felt like it ended too fast, like if it was just 2/3 of whole game. I expected that you could do something with Sad Robot and that record (like some epilogue set in HORUS). Now i want to check something with simillar visuals and post-apo setting, any suggestions?

^ Top  
  17. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Looks like they have important info hidden in an update!

Good for the movie, bad about roguelite and procedurally generated. These last two words usually translated to "mediocre" at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    Ha, FG’s disappointments should be old news by now. :)

^ Top  
  19. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    I’m still hyped for it!

^ Top  
  20. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    The first achievement I got on my playthrough of the Monkey Island 2 Special Edition was "Keeping it Old School: Switch to classic mode at least once." because I did that as soon as I started the game and never looked back.
    The original MI games are absolutely beautiful, and the semi-realistic style meshes well with the absurdist humor. The new weird cartoony style doesn't fit at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Victor Pflug Wormwood Studios Developer

Victor Pflug
    5.gif

So... There is something in the works - that's all I'm gonna say right now, but here's a snippet (WIP).

;)

• nice x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    A sequel? A prequel? A NFT thing?
    Anything works! Except the last one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Victor Pflug Wormwood Studios Developer

Victor Pflug
    Jesus Christ, don't say the word NFT out loud near Horatio! I would literally cut off my own right hand before I'd make an NFT of my work - let alone my most prominent work :D

The other things? Possibly ;)

...Or maybe something else?

4.gif

• incline incline x 1
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.