Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Sigh.

For the record, I think Gemini Rue sold more copies (it sold at least 100k in the Humble Bundle alone), and Unavowed may have sold more in the comparable time-span.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Was just checking up on recent GOG reviews, and found this in a generally positive review:
First: some puzzles make no sense. Part of it is due to the rundown, dystopian sci-fi setting no doubt (I have no background on engineering or electronics) but there were absurd puzzles.

Example? There is a puzzle where you have to, somehow, guess that a number you just got (something like 56346) must be translated into the corresponding letters of the alphabet and then typed on a console. I mean, WHERE did anyone say you are supposed to randomly convert numbers to letters? Bizarre puzzle design.
This is the last paragraph of the text prompt for that puzzle screen in the kiosk:
But by decree, he deleted true
facts and installed falsehood. For
this reason, he deleted himself.
Now the truth must hide in words,
and words must hide in numbers.

5:19:3:1:16:5
It just underscores to me the hopeless of trying to be a puzzle designer when you don't have the inborn knack for it. (I even put in two Es for anyone who is doing the letter frequency thing...)

Modron

Arcane
Yeah I would imagine designing puzzles for games is a bit of a goldilocks type situation except there is no just right because the media in question isn't just for one person. Designing that perfect difficulty that isn't too easy nor too obtuse is probably a Sisyphean task because there is always going to be some player that can't intuit developer rationale or figure out developer's mindset on puzzles. Granted that is fine, some adventure game developers have overreacted and gone the way of no difficulty or even no puzzles at the extreme end.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yep. I thought accretive hints (Crispin will chime in and tell you that it seems like the numbers must stand for something if you are stuck there for more than a couple minutes, and if you click on him after that, he'll all but tell you the solution) would solve the problem, but the truth is that those, too, are subject to a goldilocks scenario.

visions

Arcane
I never solved the kiosk either. Got stuck there and found it easier to just work out the code without the part I would have gotten from the kiosk. Imo if you had 3 parts of the code, it was p. obvious to figure it out with pen & paper. For me it seemed like a more straightforward thing to do than fucking around with that kiosk. Though I already attempted to figure out the code with only 2 parts (seemed impossible). There's a certain fun to that, like "I'm supposed to get x and x but maybe I can take a shortcut and work it out with what I already have".

Also I remember some of the text in that kiosk was very hard to read. Like red letters on a background that was a different tone of red? I had to change my video settings to make it readable (granted, the colours in my video settings were p. saturated cause I like playing HoMM 2 like that).

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios
Developer
A man of few words, MRY, but here's how u seduce these people.

-Do you like good games?
-Do you breathe?
-Do you look at photographs on the internet?
-Do you think MRY is hiding behind his computer?
-Do you enjoy memes?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then, you're in luck, cause Primordia made by MOSTLY me, and some other dudes that barely helped, is on SALEEEEE!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!
If you haven't gotten a copy, please do get one, it supports us doing what we do.
If you have gotten a copy, and liked the game, leave a positive review, it supports us doing what we do.
Primordia is a labor of love from a lot of people.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I bought Primordia the day it was released. +M

13403b330e.png

69c9094f20.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

-Do you like good games?
-Do you breathe?
-Do you enjoy memes?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then, you're in luck, cause Primordia made by MOSTLY me, and some other dudes that barely helped, is on SALEEEEE!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!
If you haven't gotten a copy, please do get one, it supports us doing what we do.
If you have gotten a copy, and liked the game, leave a positive review, it supports us doing what we do.

Very good sale's pitch mate. Tho it is not how you support the devs :).
I prefer this way :obviously:
E3pOwfY.png

JJkIKTE.png

PS:Tho you should thanks manly piracy for this sale. Wouldn't have bothered playing it if it otherwise.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
My impression of those tweets is that MRY and team have been experimenting with ESRGAN upscaling for the background images. Which is really a natural fit for adventure games -- but the genre is obscure enough that it probably never came up until now.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

-Do you like good games?
-Do you breathe?
-Do you enjoy memes?

E3pOwfY.png

JJkIKTE.png

52633021.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

-Do you like good games?
-Do you breathe?
-Do you enjoy memes?

E3pOwfY.png

JJkIKTE.png

52633021.jpg
I will never use steam,matter of principles!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.wormwoodstudios.com/2019/12/2019-in-review.html

In 2019, we released a major Primordia patch, likely the last we’ll ever do. We ported the game to a new version of AGS, which significantly improved stability on modern machines, integrated French, German, and Spanish translations, fixed dozens of bugs (including a few reasonably significant ones, such as the inadvertent removal of music from an important scene), and included a variety of quality-of-life improvements to the game’s UI.

We also hit 2,000 reviews on Steam, a significant milestone by any measure and a particularly significant one for an indie adventure game. The only other AGS title to reach that number is The Cat Lady, and it’s more reviews than Thimbleweed Park has, despite that game’s far greater prominence. Player reviews not only help keep the game commercially viable (it’s really the only way that new players get brought in at this point), they’re also a great reward for us in and of themselves, since that kind of interaction is one of the best aspects of indie game development. We’re lucky that reviews have held strong over the years—though our halcyon days of 98% positive are behind us, 97% percent isn’t too bad!

In one of the crazier and more delightful pieces of fan art, the Spanish heavy metal band Taste My Sweet Revenge put together two Primordia-based metal songs for their soon-to-be-released album.

Finally, we were approached with an interesting proposal from a television producer to create an animated adaptation of Primordia. These things usually come to nothing, but we’re cautiously optimistic, given the producer’s track record, interest in science fiction (particularly robot-oriented sci-fi), and excellent background in visual effects. We’ll post more when there’s more to share.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom