Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
That's an informative post. Has someone deleted posts? I noticed some threads that look like as if something is missing.
MRY said there won’t just be another Primordia — there will be several more Primordias, and the first Primordia will get an HD remaster.
Primordia 2 and Primordia 3 will be developed back-to-back. We’re talking about that, that makes a lot of sense, given the nature of these productions.
And he’s also focused on the prequel novel.
I didn’t want to do some cheesy novelization, where some hack comes in and makes shit up.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Fans made Crispin and Horatio plushies for my kids.

I think Vic is making all kinds of merchandise, so you should be able to commercialize as you see fit.

The fake quotes made me chuckle.

lightbane

Arcane
For a moment I thought these quotes were real. We have witnessed here formerly good devs revealing they were hacks all along, or going crazy.

More seriously, these pics of HD Horatio looked like they were straight out of a Primordia remake.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I am 100% sure the robot world in the newest Rick and Morty episode (S06E04) is a Primordia reference. Check it out, MRY.

EDIT:
Here is a screenshot from the show:
DPiS2PN.png

Last edited:

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That’s cool! My guess is they were drawing from similar root inspirations.
It's a bit further than "drawing from similar root inspirations", though. I'm still not sure it's not directly stolen artwork.

The root inspirations do not look exactly like Primordia.

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It’s definitely not directly stolen. We don’t have any scene exactly like that. At worst it’s inspired by Primordia rather than a common source.

Sizzle

Arcane
As much as I adore Primordia, it didn't really invent the whole brown, post-apocalyptic junkyard world vibe :-D

lightbane

Arcane
One of the games in the "we have demos now! Celebrate, citizen!" Steam event has a game whose protagonist is vaguely reminiscent of Horatio. Perhaps it was his first incarnation?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It would be cool if we inspired the design. But I remember once finding a Primordia fanart of Horatio and the source (Google Images of Pinterest) then recommended similar images and there was an infinitude of them.

lightbane

Arcane
Perhaps Wakfu and its villain Nox was also an inspiration, and it predates Primordia.

maxresdefault.jpg

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Vic sometimes talks about it, but I doubt it. It’s actually a ton of work to do a good high res remake because lots of problems papered over by low resolution (janky animations, scaling/perspective problem, lack of genuine interactions between characters and objects) suddenly become super apparent. It would be weird to do a high res graphic upgrade without also upgrading the audio, but here there’s a similar issue—some VO isn’t clean even in raw form but that gets masked by lo-fi.

Plus we’re all super busy with Fallen Gods, Hibernaculum, and Carbonflesh.

A horse of course

Just pay some Indians to feed it all through an AI upscaler, that's what the big boys do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom