Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prince of Qin

Just installed it with no prior experience, any advice on how to best enjoy the game?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
any advice on how to best enjoy the game?

Uhm...

Anyway, I couldn't play it for too long, the speed at which the character moves makes it unbearable. Not to mention the engrish.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
FeelTheRads said:
any advice on how to best enjoy the game?

Uhm...

Anyway, I couldn't play it for too long, the speed at which the character moves makes it unbearable. Not to mention the engrish.

It seems you haven't checked the help section where the game controls are explained. IIRC with the NUM+ and NUM- you can speed up and down the game. My only gripe with the game is the translation, I wish someone would make a translation patch.

garren

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

So this was mentioned in felipepepe's neogaf thread. I've seen some screens and watched a gameplay video of this game, seems cool, but what's the Kritikal Konsensus of this game? This game is very rarely mentioned anywhere. Is it just not that good?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I started a new thread on this about five months ago, and had a lot of discussions with some other Codex stalwarts:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-prince-of-qin.88673/

My last paragraph in my mini-review of it was thus:

It was a fun game, but a lot of the time spent was due to padding. The ton of random encounters and battles against Qin soldiers became annoyingly repetitive. The support class of the witch should have had a normal distance attack. Those are quibbles, though. I liked the character classes, the lore, the graphics, the music, the unforgiving side quests, and many of the characters. Find and play this if you can, especially if you liked isometric games such as Baldur's Gate and Divine Divinity. Prince of Qin took elements from both.

laclongquan

Arcane
Specialize each class into each element, and according to skills.

Each class has two or three way to specialize. Dont dilute it between them. Concentrate on one path and save spare skill points for the next level up. For example, your water wizard should not divest his precious SP to earth spell/skill.

Think of each member of your group as a distintive elemenal character. Develop them according to that type. That make it easier to use them than develop in a one size fit all approach.

For example, you meet a wood-type enemy. Due to the way you develop your character, you know that your current witch is metal type, and your wizard is water. Therefore your witch will be more effective to deal with that fucker, and you leave her to do it. Get your wizard to do other shits.

Later on when you have spare SP at 10+, you can afford to invest in more skills. But overall, specialize for the win!

EDIT: make extensive commentaries to Swcarter's guide. One of these day I have to polish it and up to gamefaqs~

And oh yeah, Prince of Qin is pretty good. Replay 3 times to check all the quest and all the endings :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Severian Silk

I thought it was okay when I initially bought it. However, I don't think I could tolerate it today. After playing Baldur's Gate, Divine Divinity and PST I am burned out on isometric action RPGs.

laclongquan

Arcane
In term of pretty much everything, Prince of Qin cant hold a candle to BG, DD and PST.

In term of item creation and loots, it beats them like a school bully out for lunch money. Best of all RPG. It is that good.

Uncle Skull

Educated
I know im raising an beyond ancient thread, but I did not want to make a wholly new one just for this and I believe those who give this thing a shot in the future will appreciate it since it does make the game a lot better.

One of the most common complaints with PoQ is the English voice acting, which is indeed atrocious (and not in a funny way, it's just a poorly translated and poorly delivered mess). Some time ago I've went ahead and dug for an Chinese torrent of the game just to extract the original voice files.
Here's a link to a handy rar, just dump it in your game folder and all of the horrible sub-Oblivion tier VA will be changed into Chinese, which does sound a lot more competent and gives off more IMMERSHUN as a bonus.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AnK5U2xvT05AYhqDM5mFFhzt51TPgjGH

I'm posting this here instead of the fresher thread linked above since this one pops up first when googled.

deama

Prophet
Nice, now we need to find someone to translate it properly...

I know im raising an beyond ancient thread, but I did not want to make a wholly new one just for this and I believe those who give this thing a shot in the future will appreciate it since it does make the game a lot better.

One of the most common complaints with PoQ is the English voice acting, which is indeed atrocious (and not in a funny way, it's just a poorly translated and poorly delivered mess). Some time ago I've went ahead and dug for an Chinese torrent of the game just to extract the original voice files.
Here's a link to a handy rar, just dump it in your game folder and all of the horrible sub-Oblivion tier VA will be changed into Chinese, which does sound a lot more competent and gives off more IMMERSHUN as a bonus.

I'm posting this here instead of the fresher thread linked above since this one pops up first when googled.
Do you happen to know whether it's easy to rip the dialogue, change it, and put it back into the game?

SvenZ

Barely Literate

I created an account, just so I can say THANK YOU! I absolutely despise the English dub, and it really discourages me from playing the game. My first experience was with the demo, and it had English text and Chinese voice acting, and they did a solid job. Once I tried the full game, and saw I had no option for voice line change, I was soul crushed. You really made my year dude

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom