Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prisonscape - a prison RPG

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So I managed to bump into an upcoming RPG that's set in a prison.

Looks like there will be:

Crafting
Drug dealing
Snitching
Choices & consequences
Stats

Also, instead of using magic, the game will use intelligence as a means to reduce enemy defense and such.

Anyways, check it out here:

http://www.prisonscape.com/

Discuss!!!

mck

Cipher
Sounds interesting, I wish there were more (good) games using the prison setting.

cells-03.png

looks right up the codex's alley to me

zwanzig_zwoelf

Sounds interesting, I wish there were more (good) games using the prison setting.

cells-03.png

looks right up the codex's alley to me

Only 2 choices? Man, that is worse than Mass Effect.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What other options could there be?

* Create shank out of toothbrush by grinding it against the cell wall
* Seek out prison chaplin (more beat downs to follow)

Cynic

Arcane
You won't be seeing any prison movies where you're going...PRISON!

I might actually enjoy this game, even if the graphics are rpgmakerish, the game play looks pretty good. Also the crude language and race based factions is guaranteed to cause :butthurt: to undomesticated snowmen, which by itself should be pretty entertaining :smug:

Disappointed with the lack of PC engaging in rape/prostitution. Was hoping to have high str rapist intimidation and a charismatic cock sucking persuasion playthroughs.

SRR had no inventory, a :retarded: save system and subpar writing in the second half for FFS. Still most of the codex enjoyed it.

Pots Talos

Horizon's End
Developer
Not more RPG Maker trite

It states in the FAQ that one of the team members is coding the engine, so that rules out the RPG Maker bit. Besides, wouldn't a game done in RPG Maker have a more anime-ish style to it?

You can put any art style you want into RPG Maker.
I'm curious why they would have a team member coding a new engine when this could have been easily made with RPG Maker.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If the game took place inside a women's prison facility I might have been interested. Tired of male prisons.

Updated my Gurkog.txt
=> multiple incarcerations, possibly a rape victim or a rapist

What if he's just a transgendered prison guard who is discriminated against and always forced to work the male prisons even though having a penis doesn't make a person male.

What if he's just a transgendered prison guard who is discriminated against and always forced to work the male prisons even though having a penis doesn't make a person male.

In before gay jok.... oh.

It is not a joke. Flunklesnarkin has a point. Just because someone has a penis and chooses to fornicate with others who have a penis does not make them male or gay. These words are just labels.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom