Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Private Crusade - illegal copy of Guile & Glory: Firstborn, wtf

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

ss_a05d5605107b04522fa4a3d0f1b7312c94f99bf1.jpg

ss_f1bd423f00f76d0e9ff68b7a10430933b9184663.jpg

ss_2d632e9d0f0088f4e63f34b8a3318c0a75432417.jpg

A lone warrior enters the Drowned Lands, seeking revenge for the family he lost to an unimaginable foe. His quest takes an unexpected turn when he meets two other travellers, each drawn by desperation to the ancient land of gods and monsters.

Amidst the ruins of a long-forgotten empire, the companions find themselves swept up in events that will shape the fates of mortals and demigods alike. Legends come alive, and three heroes rise to challenge an ancient darkness from the earliest days of the world.
  • The Battlefield is Your Weapon

Master natural hazards and deadly traps as you make your stand against the darkness in turn-based tactical combat. The enemies in Private Crusade may be immune to mortal weapons, but they can still die.

Cut a swathe through the hordes of nightmarish immortals by pushing, pulling or maneuvering your opponents into the path of lethal hazards.
  • Your Legend Awaits

Gather and lead a party of unlikely heroes as they rise from humble beginnings to become humanity's greatest champions.

Choose how your heroes grow and develop, and create the ultimate team to battle the ancient legions of the Crusade.
  • Vanquish Mighty Bosses
4.gif

Ferocious beasts haunt the forgotten corners of Private Crusade world, waiting to unleash their earth-shaking fury upon unwary travelers.

Wield skill, patience, and courage to prevail against impossible odds as you cast down nightmarish titans from an age long forgotten.
  • A Savage World
5.gif

Take up the mantle of Aspirant and face the challenge of Private Crusade campaign head on; or assemble your perfect team to explore the furthest reaches of the Drowned Lands. As you conquer ever greater challenges, you will unlock powerful Boons of Divinity that offer new ways for your heroes to face their foes.

Each new region you explore will bring its own challenges and unique enemies to test your mettle as you lead your heroes on a quest for revenge across an ancient world of gods and monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i recall it from some demo fest, i recall it being boring and i like deterministic puzzles

Drowed

Arcane
If your game fails, rebrand and try again.

I kinda like the art and the gameplay looks fine, but my backlog is so big that I have no reason to buy any game for now. But I'll put it on my wishlist to look at in the future, who knows.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If your game fails, rebrand and try again.

No:

Hi Infinitron,

Thank you for reaching out! I just found out about Private Crusade a couple of hours ago, and am currently doing everything I can to have it taken off Steam.

To be clear, I have in no way authorized or endorsed Private Crusade, and I believe it to be a stolen version of Guile & Glory.

Thanks again for alerting me! If there's anything you can do to help spread the word about this, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be releasing a statement soon as well.

Kind regards,
Daniel

FFS.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
hmmm, original is on my wishlist, so perhaps memory is wrong and I actually did like it.

Still, weird drama

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
why set up release date in future? To give rightful owners 1 extra month to notice it?

infi, perhaps move it to gaming drama

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss8hj7

So, my indie game was stolen​

What a wild 24 hours! It was recently brought to my attention that another company appeared to have stolen the game files for Guile & Glory: Firstborn, changed only the title, and reuploaded it to Steam in an effort to sell the game as their own product.

I have been in contact with Steam and YouTube to have the content this person posted removed, and thankfully the game is no longer listed on Steam as of now.

My sincere thanks to everyone who assisted in this process, from bringing the unauthorized version to my attention, to helping get it removed from Steam.

Some of this person's content is still up, and I am working to have it removed. I won't link to it here, but if you have seen the stolen version and want to play the original, Guile & Glory: Firstborn can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1252210/Guile__Glory_Firstborn/

In my case, the other company copied everything, from the game files to the exact wording of the Steam page (excepting the title). Fellow #indiedevs and #gamedevs, I would encourage you to google your game's Steam description without the title, and see if anything comes up.

Apparently, unauthorized copies of indie games are quite common, and it pays to be cautious. I was very fortunate that this was brought to my attention early and could be resolved relatively easily. Stay safe out there, everyone!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom