Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

private profiles

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
When user enables private profile status, looking up their posts takes a minimum amount of effort. Minimum effort is still too much effort. Stupid chickenshits make me click and type stuff.

Code:
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Why not add a find-posts link to the pop-up for private users, or better yet -- show the posts regardless when the profile is private?

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I consider private profiles to be our inmates on death row.
Mere shells of what they used to be, now all but pampered leeches on their way to the inevitable end.

mondblut

Arcane
When user enables private profile status, looking up their posts takes a minimum amount of effort. Minimum effort is still too much effort. Stupid chickenshits make me click and type stuff.

Code:
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Why not add a find-posts link to the pop-up for private users, or better yet -- show the posts regardless when the profile is private?

You have to earn your taxpayers' money, fed.

Can't handle the bacon

Private profiles are a broken feature. A private profile should display some placeholder page in the same style as the profile page (including the overlay with the buttons, like ignore ignore, stalk, etc), but without any personal info.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
We should make a list of all the private profilers and all put them on our ignore list until they revert it.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just made my profile private for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Now if someone tries to go to my profile, they're gonna assume it's because of some drama or because I got tired of people writing there (in fact, no one was writing there).

Controlling people's reactions and emotions like this is just a small part of a long game that will end with DownUnderlord bending the knee, declaring me the new Lord and Master of this Polish MCA fan club...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm is there a way to ignore spammers if they don't have posts and are in private? I don't think so...

Can't handle the bacon

Hmmm is there a way to ignore spammers
You want to ignore yourself?

Also, yes, there is an easy way to do this, but since you're too dumb to figure it out after 4 years of shitposting otc, you don't deserve to know.

Can't handle the bacon

(by adding /ignore to anyone's profile link, don't tell retardomat)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom