Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prodeus - retro FPS by ex-Raven devs

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Quake 2 levels are excellent
They are but enemy design is only serviceable and then changes to full on suck by the last 1/3rd of the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Game is too easy IMO. Hell, you can only unlock Nightmare difficulty by using a console code and even then it's still not as hard as i would like.

Expansions try to address some of the problems of the main game, or at least i remember one of the two being actually challening, but forgot which.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Enemies in the last 1/3rd are mostly completely non threatening bullet sponges that get stuck in tight spaces. Sad!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Those big mech dudes were such a huge step down from the big guys in either Doom or Quake. They take forever to start shooting and you can literaly run around them in circles and they are too slow to do anything.

schru

Arcane

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Hah, curse my shit memory as always. Still nice pumping music. Makes me want to go out and start shooting shit. Just don't tell Jack Thompson.

schru

Arcane
Hah, curse my shit memory as always. Still nice pumping music. Makes me want to go out and start shooting shit. Just don't tell Jack Thompson.
Actually, as it turns out, the PlayStation version includes tracks from the main game and the expansion packs, so they're there too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The only reason i knew that is that i just loaded up PS1 Quake II recently since i'm fixing my emulators collection lmao.

I had zero memory of those tracks since i played Ground Zero years ago.

Last edited:

soulburner

Cipher
Sonic Mayhem was the soundtrack to my life when I was starting high school, so there is a special place for it in my heart. I love to return to it occasionally and I'd like to hear more tracks in the vein of Quake 2 and 3 from Sascha.

Dr1f7

Scholar
holy shit that dlc looks sick
also keep in mind that at the very least it's an asset pack for custom maps

they really need to add some way to host permanent 3 or 4-player co-op servers that'd be so good

So, quick save/load looks like a fix to the retarded checkpoint system. I might have to try this again and see if it's actually enjoyable to me now.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Going to d1p the dlc for sure. Feels like they took some inspiration from doom eternal with that hook. Looks like a lot of fun.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Doom 2016 was better tbh
Like a Doom3 but giving normal shotgun, paid the electricity bills and faster.

Just finished the original campaign, enjoyed it. Kudos to the devs as the levels improve in quality as it progresses, last dull boss arena aside.

The odd choice I’d question like why is the pistol suppressed in your gory idSoft tribute? Most of the bullet/shell weapon sounds lack bass punch and volume, criminally so in the case of the Super Shotgun. The flesh impact sounds are relatively loud too and can sometimes drown out the sound of those weapons firing.

Encounters can be overly stage managed as well, bit of a tendency to lean on teleport spawns when the player hits a trigger point.

Minor nitpicks only though. Interested in what the DLC will have to offer. Certainly some weapon slots left unfilled by campaign’s end.

Dr1f7

Scholar
Is this any good besides the visual appeal?
it has a very good custom map editor with a surprisingly large community
and co-op, though regrettably no co-op servers yet, you need to actually have a friend who has the game to coordinate that with

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom