Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Eternity Fundraiser POLL

Would you donate to a Codex fundraiser?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As of today, not going to vote. Just need some more clarifications on their stretch goals. The pandering to BIODrones (companions/race) amd a player house is retarded, MORE stuff added to the game, extending the game/world/content is money way better spent (like most of the W2 stretch goals).

Will wait for further clarification.

:hmmm:
T o be fair they have additional content in their stretch goals
1.6 million, a Mac Version of Project Eternity and The Story Grows!
We've listened and we’ll make a Mac version of the game at this tier. We're also going to add a new major storyline along with new quests, locations, NPCs, and unique loot (special histories everyone?)
and the home base could conceivably be quest heavy.

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought I was going to finally be able to donate to the Codex drive but instead it's a bunch of vots posts.

I done got trolled :(

MCA
Steam DRM will bring exclusive community features, achievements, cloud saving

W2 will be on Steam too.

Not the point. W2 was DRM-free + Steam from the beginning. Obsidian has yet to come up with a non-DRM option. :decline:

Fargo may talk the talk, business wise; MCA walks the walk.

Yeah, we all saw how he walked the walk with Alpha Popamole where he was the lead designer. R00FLES!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I know. Wasn't talking to you, but with sea, who was trolling with the "benefits" of being on Steam.

I'm rather cynical about this pitch. The things I have seen so far suggest there has been very little effort put into the details of this game and already they have gone and asked for $1 million (and received it all, shockingly). That seems like bad judgement to me. I think kickstarter pitches should be done as professionally as a pitch to a publisher, especially considering the fact that the developer will have more freedom and less accountability at the end of it. Would a developer go to a publisher with this much information and expect them to actually fund it? No, and I would neither pitch this way nor fund a pitch like this. If this is all it takes for gamers to give up their money then I'm not surprised they are so frequently taken advantage of by publishers and developers.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Right now I'd vote no but I will give them a few day I guess) to clarify their ideas. Anyway we have a few days until DU is back from boxing kangaroos.

made

Arcane
How about a fundraiser to finally upgrade the Codex server instead? It's dire already with the constant errors and timeouts, but where you gonna go to bitch next year when it inevitably collapses under the weight of shattered dreams as, one by one, every KS project fails to deliver on its promises?

Lumpy

Arcane
I'm rather cynical about this pitch. The things I have seen so far suggest there has been very little effort put into the details of this game and already they have gone and asked for $1 million (and received it all, shockingly). That seems like bad judgement to me. I think kickstarter pitches should be done as professionally as a pitch to a publisher, especially considering the fact that the developer will have more freedom and less accountability at the end of it. Would a developer go to a publisher with this much information and expect them to actually fund it? No, and I would neither pitch this way nor fund a pitch like this. If this is all it takes for gamers to give up their money then I'm not surprised they are so frequently taken advantage of by publishers and developers.
In all fairness, it was okay for Tim Schafer to do that, since he had a perfect track record wrt adventure games, on one hand, and on the other, he had no idea whether he'd get even the bare minimum of funds, so creating a complex pitch would've likely ended as a waste of resources.

Neither apply to Obsidian - they've been making RPGs all along, including some particularly shitty ones, and it's not quite clear how exactly Eternity differs from what they'd be making anyway.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MCA troll was really what drove me to donate. So maybe with some special incentive. I already put quite a bit of my goldz on the KS... And I think I've spent about 50% of my liquid assets during this financial year, so ugh...

So tentative $100 maybe?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Says all you need to know about Obsidian really, if this is the way they pitch to publishers.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity

The point is however that they're going to make an Infinity Engine style game. Just like Shafer's adventure, there is a large audience starved for this that hasn't been catered to in more than a decade. This is why people are pledging. Like VD said, a dream is sold. This wouldn't work in any other circumstance.

LACK OF FUCKING ELVEN FAGGOTS?
Dude, I understand that some people might not be big fans of fantasy games, that's cool and all, but this is an MCA game for Christ's sake. A fantasy setting is the whole bloody point!
What the fuck? Avellone is best known for writing Torment and Kotor2, both games with no elves. Moreover, a fantasy setting doesn't necessarily have to include Tolkien's shit.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Fuck obsidian, Fuck real time with pause, Fuck games that are "looking into" being DRM free.

I'm open to buying it if the reviews/demo are good, but I will not kickstart.

MCA
So far, a Codex fundraiser would raise at least $1455.

Pledge $1,000 or more
46 Backers Limited (154 of 200 left)

NAME AND DESIGN AN NPC (Non-Player Character). Help us design PROJECT ETERNITY! We will send you a PROJECT ETERNITY NPC character sheet for you to fill out for our design team. We will turn your personalized character design, with your name, class, and race into an NPC in the shipped game (within reason of course). You will also receive The Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack ($500 reward tier) + 5 EXTRA DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPIES OF PROJECT ETERNITY to gift your friends and family.

Pledge $1,000 or more
23 Backers Limited (27 of 50 left)

HELP DESIGN AN EPIC HIGH LEVEL WEAPON, ARMOR OR ARTIFACT. Help us design PROJECT ETERNITY! Your personalized item will be used by thousands of players and will be one of the best in the game. You can provide the lore, look, and type of the item (within reason), and we will put it in the shipped game. You will also receive The Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack ($500 reward tier) + 5 EXTRA DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPIES OF PROJECT ETERNITY to gift your friends and family.

Things may change if The Brazilian Slaughter votes.

Phelot

Arcane
Not really interested in this game until there are further details and even then, I doubt I'd be down for it. It just doesn't seem that interesting to me. :(

Lumpy

Arcane
LACK OF FUCKING ELVEN FAGGOTS?
Dude, I understand that some people might not be big fans of fantasy games, that's cool and all, but this is an MCA game for Christ's sake. A fantasy setting is the whole bloody point!
What the fuck? Avellone is best known for writing Torment and Kotor2, both games with no elves. Moreover, a fantasy setting doesn't necessarily have to include Tolkien's shit.
Sorry, I think something may've been lost in translation. I took "FUCKING ELVEN FAGGOTS" to stand metonymically for fantasy in general, given that we don't know whether Project Eternity will contain elves.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Burned out Biodrones won't pledge for something which is not DnD/Tolkien carbon copy like MOTB was and game has confirmed psudo Celtic names and being High Fantasy, Hence BLOODY ELVEN FAGGOTS confirmed. Moreover for me Kickstarter is to promote and fund games which could not be done otherwise.... why to pledge for DA3 with only 2D graphics and Obsidian writing as :obviously::incline:? With Bloom and voice acting it would be AAA goty. I will Pledge instead for INQUISITOR 2 done with some humane combat system instead.... Or Arcanum 2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wasteland 2 vs Project Eternity:

• TURN-BASED
  • A clear vision of the game in regard to mainstream
  • No-DRM shit
  • Stretch goal: Mod tools
  • Stretch goal: More designers for more content
  • More sensible pledge rewards
  • No exclusive game content
  • Kick It Forward
VS.

• RTwP CRAP
  • Generic fantasy crap with Elf faggotry and all that
  • Steam DRM with a distinct lack of non-DRM option
  • No mod tools promised
  • Stretch goal: races and classes and a companion
  • Stretch goal: races and classes and a companion
  • Stretch goal: a companion
  • Stretch goal: house
  • Shit rewards
  • Not Kicking It Forward
Ahem... I think it's clear why WL2 was/is superior. Even the stretch goals for PE sound like DLC mods for Bethesda games.
Just because they mentioned "chillax" doesn't mean that there will be elves. And even if there will, who cares if the game is good.

Also I'd like to expand the list above:
Wasteland 2:
  • Made by a team (inExile) who produced terrible shit games so far
Project Eternity
  • Made by the guys who made good RPG in the last few years, and made great ones back at BIS.
It's funny who you people suck up to a PR man (Fargo) who uses the right words. I'd rather stick to the people who produced something worthy, even if their communication is not the best.

Oh how low the Codex has fallen. And to think that MCA even drew you Codex trolls. :(

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My Kickstarter pledge of $20 matches my current level of excitement for the game, but that might change as more information is (hopefully) revealed in the coming days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom