Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project GODUS, the ultimate Peter Molyneux fiasco

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Was anybody wondering about how it would be for Peter Molyneaux to do a KS pitch? Here he is: Project GODUS - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus - "GODUS is a delightful reinvention of the god game from 22cans and Peter Molyneux, who created the genre." - funding goal: £450,000 ($720,000)

This is going to generate some MAJESTIC bitching, butthurt and fanboy circlejerking.

Discuss!

Angthoron

Arcane
b0a9e12a483794d1288fc744ede81ccc_large.png

Where are the other 18 cans? False advertising.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I'm really sure he needs money. $30 game tier? I'll get it for $10 on sale.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Aren't all his games shit?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No, he made some good ones (or at least was part of a team that made some good ones) twenty years ago.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"Gift a pledge!"
That's more brilliant than the game idea. I expect more Kickstarters will use that in the future.

Molyneux has kind of become this anti-gaming figure for me. I would never pledge.
This game isn't about bringing back the good old days. This game is for iApple man-children to have as a time-waster on the bus.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Well, that was awfully humble for a project led by Molyneux.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I'm really sure he needs money. $30 game tier? I'll get it for $10 on sale.
You mean 15 dollar. (if you are an early donator)

No, it's 15 pounds sterling but I got the exchange rate wrong so it's more like $24ish not $30ish. The non early buyer tier is $48ish which is even more laughable.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sure we all knew a Molyneux Kickstarter cash-grab was coming, the only question was "when?". Now the question becomes "are people retarded enough to back this?".
My personal guess is that this will get fully funded within the week. :decline:

LivingOne

Savant
I'm sure we all knew a Molyneux Kickstarter cash-grab was coming, the only question was "when?". Now the question becomes "are people retarded enough to back this?".
My personal guess is that this will get fully funded within the week. :decline:
I dunno it seems kinda slow for now.:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom