Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Project Gorgon

Codex Year of the Donut
this game has a ridiculous amount of skills

talked an elf out of trying to get me to murder goblins through dialogue and it gave me an alternate reward of psychology XP

the game is definitely meant to be learned/discoverd while playing, don't use a guide or anything

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It was ok, not much content. I haven't tried it for a few years. It seemed kinda dead back then and like it's future was uncertain. Surprised it is still going!

Codex Year of the Donut
drank hard liquor now my character is randomly moving around and I can't see shit
abilities on my ability bar keep randomly switching around too

Codex Year of the Donut
njmJQCd.png

:hmmm:

Codex Year of the Donut
To give an idea of just how many skills this game has: I threw an item away in a trash container and got XP in Civil Pride.
upjjcrs.png

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
To use interpretative dance after learning it you have to find someone playing an instrument. While dancing, you have to do special activities like jump then use a specific dance move, or sing along with the music.
:shredder:

ADL

Prophet
Thank you for these posts it's motivating me to login and play more. Also agree 100% anyone who uses a guide or wiki defeats the entire purpose of this sort of game.

Codex Year of the Donut
One of the most refreshing MMOs I've played in a long time. Trying to be as spoiler free as possible as the game is meant to be discovered on your own.
With regards to combat, at first glance it seems to be classless but it's actually bring your own class. You get two action bars for combat abilities, each one can be set to a separate skill.
Nearly every friendly NPC has a disposition towards you that you can raise by doing favors or giving them items they like. Increasing disposition unlocks a lot of different things depending on the NPC.
Basically everything you do has a skill attached to it. Most skills are synergistic with others directly and indirectly. I'd guess there's well over 150 skills in the game atm.
There's some things that permanently alter your character with no way to undo it. You'll get a big warning if you get close to any of them. They have major drawbacks and bonuses.
NPCs have schedules to some degree and do chat with each other. They react to your race, how ugly your outfit is, and whether you're dirty. Probably other things I'm not aware of yet. Some people(and I use that word lightly) won't even speak to you if you're dirty so you have to go wash off.

I enjoy how much attention to detail is paid to things e.g., you can't use bow abilities underwater.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's areas where you have to manage your heat/hydration using warm clothing, spells, water(for heat), etc.,
neat.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I remember people being filtered by the tutorial island in this game when it was released. I never got it since it was too early in its dev cycle at the time, but hopefully it'll be a cool game on release.

jungl

Augur
I played this years ago the skill system was cool but ya zone outside of tutorial island felt undeveloped.

Codex Year of the Donut
re: racial mechanics
The races seem to have hidden bonuses/maluses that encourage you to act like one from their race. Some of this is more obvious with the buff/debuff in your tray, but I'm pretty sure there's hidden parts to it too.
If you're a human, you need to socialize.
If you're an elf, you have to stay clean and have a high hygiene score.
If you're a rakshasa, you have to keep yourself from going savage by not killing sapient beings.

pretty sure your cleanliness/outfit attractiveness affects prices btw

elves won't even speak to you if you're dirty, you have to go bathe first.

Codex Year of the Donut
I played this years ago the skill system was cool but ya zone outside of tutorial island felt undeveloped.
there's plenty of content now as far as I can tell

I like the NPCs chatting/interacting with each other, it makes areas feel more lively.

Codex Year of the Donut
werewolves are forced into wolf form for 3 days of every month when it's a full moon irl
most NPCs refuse to interact with animals, but there are some NPCs who only interact with animals and give special quests/rewards

Codex Year of the Donut
Each unique way you die gives you bonus death XP.
Yes, dying is a skill itself.

I'm trying to overdose on alcohol right now so I can get the bonus death XP from it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom