Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Haven - dystopian tactical RPG where you lead mercenary company striving for survival

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Sometimes things don't quite turn out how you expect. When moving a mercenary they stop their movement if they detect a new enemy midway, allowing you to re-evaluate your strategy. We've now added a way to simply continue your previous movement!
Just pause
Re-evaluate
⚡Execute new plan

Last edited by a moderator:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
We recently sat down with @Brought To Bear for an interview about Project Haven's journey. We talked in depth about the game's origin, game mechanics and future plans.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I keep seeing a lot of talk on Youtube about how 'interesting' or 'cool' PH is, or mentions of PH as an XCOM/PP clone that looks fun or something along these lines, but no one seems to really critique or provide an in-depth analysis of its mechanics... :|

Visperas

Augur
I'm really pumped for this game but I worry that all enemies will be human with maybe a dog in there if we're lucky. The good thing about the Xcom and PP setting is that it allows for all kinds of enemies that require different tactics to kill.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm really pumped for this game but I worry that all enemies will be human with maybe a dog in there if we're lucky. The good thing about the Xcom and PP setting is that it allows for all kinds of enemies that require different tactics to kill.
Varying situations matter more than varying enemies, particularly when the enemy is one as versatile as a human being.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't see the problem with human enemies only, tbh.

Snipers, sneaky bastards, melee guys, riot shield wielders, heavy gunners, the list goes on.

Maybe add drones or some other technical stuff.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope there are boss enemies who shoot bullets in different patterns, and disappearing platforms you have to jump between so you have to learn new things all the time. Fighting humans gets boring fast, ask any soldier. "Yeah we just walk towards them holding down right trigger, why bother using strategy lol" This is why no one on the Codex likes Jagged Alliance.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I hope there are boss enemies who shoot bullets in different patterns, and disappearing platforms you have to jump between so you have to learn new things all the time. Fighting humans gets boring fast, ask any soldier. "Yeah we just walk towards them holding down right trigger, why bother using strategy lol" This is why no one on the Codex likes Jagged Alliance.
:kingcomrade:
(i know you're kidding)

re.var

Code Three Fifty One
Developer
Wow, procedural missions, cool! Now what classic game does that remind me of ... ? :)

re.var, any chance this could expand into a full-blown procedural campaign mode with retained experience and income, as in Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games? Or even mission/campaign editors? Maybe after initial release?

Yep! That's exactly our future plans, ideally along with a character creator. Game's built with UE4 though, so anyone can create campaign/missions right from release.

Don't look at our latest trailer then :lol:
We do have bosses, but are defeated the same way other enemies, with strategy and tactics, they just have some special mechanic or event attached to them. No disappearing platforms though :lol:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
re.var, any chance this could expand into a full-blown procedural campaign mode with retained experience and income, as in Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games? Or even mission/campaign editors? Maybe after initial release?
Yep! That's exactly our future plans, ideally along with a character creator. Game's built with UE4 though, so anyone can create campaign/missions right from release.
That's super cool! Will Zombra make the greatest user generated campaign of all time, using an escalating series of Codex-based enemies and levels? We'll just have to wait and see!

And know your history - Deadly Games also shipped with campaign/scenario editors on day one. :obviously:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And know your history - Deadly Games also shipped with campaign/scenario editors on day one. :obviously:

Yeah man, I wish I had my old stuff left. I made stuff for Deadly Games and Sudden Strike Forever.

Lost like tears in rain :(

Zombra

Patron
Yeah man, I wish I had my old stuff left. I made stuff for Deadly Games and Sudden Strike Forever.

Lost like tears in rain :(
Behold the awesome "Chainsaw" campaign for Deadly Games, aged like fine wine. The campaign is so called because Gus issues the group a chainsaw for the first mission, just so you can have one. I doubt there is a design of any kind but it is at least playable from beginning to end.

Zombra

Patron
Twitter videos are all look like low-res shit. re.var Any chance of a Youtube publish so we can actually see how pretty the new UI is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hey, this is like a game I would make if I had talent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom