Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project IGI reboot is in development

Curratum

It's project IGI 2 worth it?

Yes. ... AI isn't great but it didn't ruin the experience. It's also a janky ass game. ... I liked it a lot

How can you take any codexer's opinion on any game seriously after this sort of thing? That's not just a personal jab at you, a lot of people do this, using different wording.

"This game has a heap of problems, but it's great, I'd recommend you play it!"

Do you really have that much free time and that much desire to spend that time playing games that are barely worth watching on Youtube, over the span of 5-10 minutes? :L

I don't have time for overly balanced mainstream popamole garbage, no. I do have time for a cool ass unique game like IGI 2.

It's a game from 2003. The number of FPSs from that era which could be described as having actually great AI fits in one hand. And jank is a characteristic, it doesn't make or break a game.

Watch out, kids, here comes the cool kid on the block with the good taste and the hot takes on shovelware from the early 21st century! :D

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Oh, no. A game didn't get a seal of approval by the mainstream gaming media. It didn't get a AAA marketing budget. It dared to do something different. It must be shit!

Such a hot, original take. Truly prestigious.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
I liked the first game. It filled a nice niche between the Delta Force Series and more action oriented shooters back in the day. But I no longer remember details about the second part, except that it that it was worse and felt cheaper than its predecessor. Has there been any mention what kind of game the reboot will be; like a CoD knock-off or are they going for a more tactical and deadlier game with little railroading, like the original?

Star Citizen

Learned
Interesting, never really played the OGs as my pc was too shit at the time but I'm one of them douchebags that's gotta play the OGs first before any remaster or remake - I'll check it out I fucking loved Delta Force.

Fargus

Arcane
My favorite part about IGI was shooting enemies through wooden doors. Come to think of it that's all i remember about that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom