Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Project Silkworm (from a indie)

Apexeon

Arcane
Something looks a bit off with your cobblestones. I'm not sure how to describe it though. They look too "busy" maybe?

The wall needs a rebuild.

Last edited:

Apexeon

Arcane
The important part to me (bean counter) is that it only took me 3 hours to get the base map idea working and about 10 minutes to fix the rock wall. The holy trinity is Skill (knowing what to do), Time/Money (no good if it takes a week) and quality (no good if it took a week to look bad).

I have to train myself so I can produce a map below (IWD size) in under 1 week.

Now I can (and should) make the cave dungeon example which is inspired by the legendary art of Ice wind dale.

ar4001.gif

So this would be a example of the Entrance etc...

47-Cave-Bar-R2.jpg

Last edited:

Apexeon

Arcane
My brother will be doing the real hard job of getting this sorted out for the pitch.
I got the easy job of making the art :).

At the moment.

Game is post apocalyptic fantasy.

* Human based cultures/empires (what's left of them).
* Currently we don't want to do elves, dwarfs, orcs and stuff (we want to try something more interesting)
* No classes (same with the class system we go meh boring).
* Skilled based system (+Talents/gifts, +perks)
* No levels
* Development point system
* Gain development points and spend them.

If you have the title of Knight you have a background based on this and get development points/ perks.
If you have the title of Druid you have a background of being in the forest etc...

So your past shapes your character on his first day in the world and defines him/her but does not restrict him/her from learning new things (beyond turn 1). So a thief skilled based character (background based) can learn magic etc...
And a person who starts off all wizard like can learn to lock pick and sneak (to get some wine dam it).

Physical Stats
  • Strength
  • Constitution
  • Agility
Mental Stats
  • Intelligence
  • Self Discipline
  • Presence
Psi Stats
  • Essence rank
  • Psionic rank
  • Telepath rank

Talents
Perks
Skills
*Abilities

Born with talents/mutations (gifts) (For example you were born with the Strength of a Ox with the skin of hardened leather or a blessed/cursed with a Psi ability of mind conrol).
More on that later.

Perks (TBA)
Select skills to start with (based on your background/culture background) and can learn new ones (training).

Shape the character the way you want to shape them by selecting skills.

Magic system is based on reagents, devices/tools, alchemy (No mana).
Spells are forged into items which then tap into something (storyline spoiler).
Forging magical items can be done by anyone with the skills/ base requirements etc...

Artistic skills
Athletic skills

Combat skills
  • Initiative
  • Dodge
  • Parry
  • Defensive stances
  • Brawling
  • Martial arts
Weapons
  • 1 hand edge (Then specialize, long sword, short sword, axe etc...)
  • 1 hand concussion
  • Thrown
  • Missile
  • Pole Arm
  • Two handed

General skills
Influence skills
Mystical arts
Outdoor skills
Physical skills
Subterfuge skills

*Psi skills

Last edited:

Apexeon

Arcane
Back to work special with my holidays finished today.

Got what I wanted out of the spare time.
There is hope.

50-Cave-Mountain-1A.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Love the rockface. The 'props' like the translucent globules often seem too geometric and basic compared to the impressive landscape, though.

Apexeon

Arcane
Love the rockface. The 'props' like the translucent globules often seem too geometric and basic compared to the impressive landscape, though.

Agree going to have make some new mushrooms those were made 15 years ago.
I will make some new cave plants tomorrow.

Apexeon

Arcane
The start of the city building. Not to bad today 2 maps back to back.

52-City-1A-test-B.jpg

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Apexeon, it has been a while since I looked at this thread. Your art throughput is impressive. Is there a post somewhere that you can link me to that elaborates on the game engine technology choices you've made?

Apexeon

Arcane
Apexeon, it has been a while since I looked at this thread. Your art throughput is impressive. Is there a post somewhere that you can link me to that elaborates on the game engine technology choices you've made?

Game engine will be Unity.

My bad prototype (artist coding).

Online Demo

Apexeon

Arcane

Most maps are built in 4-6 hours. I have basically been training myself to get a certain quality level at around 4 hours.

I am a self contained art pipeline from concept to gold in 4-6 hours.

Apexeon

Arcane
Updating maps is fast. Cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom