Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Vaulderie looking for contributors to new WOD game

leino

Cipher
If you remember, Project Vaulderie was a fan attempt to port Bloodlines to Unity, some years ago shut down by CCP and Activision who owned WOD and Bloodlines.
They seem to have abandoned that idea and now look to create a new game in the World of Darkness:
Over the course of the year, we've been very silent on behalf of the project. The main reason being is that the situation unfortunately hasn't changed at all since its shut down, all for reasons beyond our control. While I cannot comment on the specifics, all I can say is Activision owns Bloodlines. [. . .]

Which is what the next best approach would be for a project with similar goals in mind; which is to develop a completely new game. However, making a new game is no small task, which is why we're announcing that we’re looking for experienced fans out there, mostly within the modeling and texturing field; ranging from character designers to environment artist to prop artist. Level designers are also a nice addition to have, however I'd mostly encourage thoe with prior experience in game development to join our cause, as our goals is to not only to build a mere fan project, but to deliver a commercial viable product, at least to be within the AA product range. Portfolio is highly encouraged, but if ambition is truly your driving force, we will still most likely to look at what you can produce.

Since we’re already working on several game ideas, in order to produce a presentable playable tech demo, the main task force we’re currently looking for are modelers, texture artists, level designers, animators, UI designers and lastly voice actors. Programmers are not required at the moment as all needed roles are already filled in. The new projects will be using Unity engine, having prior experience with it is a plus, but not a requirement.

On that matter, since we are aware a new vampire game is the most requested game, we feel it would be a good opportunity to explore other areas of the IP, ranging from Mage to Changeling, to even Hunter. Depending on how ambitious we are, will be the main determiner for the next project. We strongly believe we can create something unique, being in a special position for new games to be made for the IP, not to mention with the blessings of White Wolf if all goes well. It’s the perfect time to bring all the creative forces and dedicated fans to shape a new and beautiful take on the World of Darkness.

Although it's in a speculative stage, if you have the skills they're looking for, maybe you can bring it a little closer to reality. They ask the interested to contact them on facebook.
That the programming side is already there seems promising.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They do understand WoD is licensed material, right? i.e. they have to pay the current holders of the license (Paradox, I think?) if they want to make a 'commercially viable' game in that universe?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They had a "project dogmat" Ks that failed and they've been "doing an MMO like world of darkness" for a few years and didn't actually make shit. They're just some modders turned losers. Let it go.

Wesp5

Arcane
They had a "project dogmat" Ks that failed and they've been "doing an MMO like world of darkness" for a few years and didn't actually make shit. They're just some modders turned losers. Let it go.

This is a different group that has nothing to do with the Project Dogmat MMO. They wanted to remake Bloodlines in the Unity Engine which of course CCP stopped! But right now they are talking with Paradox about what other kind of WoD games would be possible...

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

This is a different group that has nothing to do with the Project Dogmat MMO. They wanted to remake Bloodlines in the Unity Engine which of course CCP stopped! But right now they are talking with Paradox about what other kind of WoD games would be possible...
Wrong. It's the same group of incompetent people.

PrettyDeadman

I am pretty sure project vaulderie was announced earlier than 2014.

PrettyDeadman

How could they be the same if they were working on different project at the same time?

Wesp5

Arcane
Wrong. It's the same group of incompetent people.

And you know this how? I actually have contact with the guy behind Project Vaulderie as he helped me optimize a few of the new Unofficial Patch maps. As far as I know he is American and the Project Dogmat team is Russian. These are completely different people and if you claim otherwise, you need to post some proof!

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
in order to produce a presentable playable tech demo, the main task force we’re currently looking for are modelers, texture artists, level designers, animators, UI designers and lastly voice actors.
LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom