Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prometheus Wept - turn-based RPG from Vigilantes developer - Demo Available

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Does it happen every time you get knocked? I tried dozens of time to recreate :) The not spawning into fights is a clue. I'll check what conditions are required to be added to a fight and see if can figure it out.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I liked the painted look of the world map.
Good to hear that - I made that by modifying a terrain in Unity, adding objects, and using an AI powered image editor. It was going to be a placeholder until an artist reworked it, but I'll probably tweak it some more and keep it.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
One more bug: I was incapable to craft weapons, because crafting screen doesn't seem to register various handles and blades/barrels etc. on inventory.

I'm guessing this is because your crafting components are in a character inventory, rather than the group inventory?

I'd expect to improve the code to search multiple inventories, but for now, I'll add a notice to make the player aware of this limitation.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Ah okay. If you're looking at it again will you take a screen, might help me figure out the problem.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I'm guessing this is because your crafting components are in a character inventory, rather than the group inventory?
I'm pretty certain that those items were in group inventory.
Another possibility -> when you're making an item which has components which can be made of multiple metals / quality levels, you need to manually select the components. I'll likely get a better solution down the line, but for now, I've added better guidance on the crafting screen.

hEHi8Uj.jpg

cdx

Novice
I liked the painted look of the world map.
Good to hear that - I made that by modifying a terrain in Unity, adding objects, and using an AI powered image editor. It was going to be a placeholder until an artist reworked it, but I'll probably tweak it some more and keep it.
The painting style is nice but looks too rough, the texture for trees and grass is too similar. The shapes are difficult to make out, which makes them somewhat uncomfortable to the eye, or at least to mine. Also, it seems a bit too saturated. A pass with some img2img can make it look quite a bit nicer, imo (green parts):

XcswoQb.png

gYUe9YP.png

ubjR29z.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Taka-Haradin puolipeikko - would you have any saves after the not getting up bug? They should be located in: C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\LocalLow\Timeslip Softworks\PrometheusWeptDemo\SaveData

I'll PM my email - no pressure and no worries if you don't. I've been unable to replicate the problem. Have a couple of ideas on what might cause the problem, but can't find the breakdown in logic that's causing the bug.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hey again. Been a really hectic couple of days. I've got the windows version of Prometheus Wept on Steam now. Could anyone check if the download works from the Steam page and the game runs?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1208110/Prometheus_Wept/

I'm having issues with it, but this might be because I assigned myself a version which can be accessed before release.

Modron

Arcane
Downloaded, started it up, and am currently in character creation no issues so far.

Modron

Arcane
I managed to trigger a bug:
wWtThte.png

I am unable to unequip said gun but can replace it with another weapon/item. Same thing happened to armor slots but I was able to unequip the extras duplicating my helmet twice in the process. I think what triggered it was using up a stack of equipped valerian paste completely inside the previous combat (id est I think it deleted the item slot along with the item).

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey again. Been a really hectic couple of days. I've got the windows version of Prometheus Wept on Steam now. Could anyone check if the download works from the Steam page and the game runs?

I'm having issues with it, but this might be because I assigned myself a version which can be accessed before release.
Is the download supposed to be available via Steam? Because I just see Add to Wishlist, although if I click on one of the newsitems, there's a link to download it from indiedb.

fu7P3Jw.png

Edit: As Taka-Haradin puolipeikko pointed out, the demo download button is in a different location, to the right. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Is the download supposed to be available via Steam? Because I just see Add to Wishlist, although if I click on one of the newsitems, there's a link to download it from indiedb.

fu7P3Jw.png
There's download demo button on the right, under "is this game relevant to you"-bit.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I managed to trigger a bug:
I am unable to unequip said gun but can replace it with another weapon/item. Same thing happened to armor slots but I was able to unequip the extras duplicating my helmet twice in the process. I think what triggered it was using up a stack of equipped valerian paste completely inside the previous combat (id est I think it deleted the item slot along with the item).
Thanks for reporting. Unfortunately, I've had no luck recreating it with the used valerian paste stack. Will keep an eye out for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom