Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prometheus Wept - turn-based RPG from Vigilantes developer - Demo Available

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
How many of us have to back for you to make a codex-gang random encounter or something like that?

Hey Nortar. Good idea. I'd be up for something like this. I know things like this have been done in the past, any idea what a reasonable target is?

just

Liturgist
i'll sub if you put in some naked chick with big tits

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How many of us have to back for you to make a codex-gang random encounter or something like that?

Hey Nortar. Good idea. I'd be up for something like this. I know things like this have been done in the past, any idea what a reasonable target is?

Hard to tell, but probably not enough to make an official codex fundraiser. Infinitron ?
There are already 4 backers, judging by this thread; so maybe 10 is not out of reach.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hard to tell, but probably not enough to make an official codex fundraiser. Infinitron ?
There are already 4 backers, judging by this thread; so maybe 10 is not out of reach.
Probably hafta wait till it gets funded though.
Timeslip did you run any publicity on this yet?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Probably hafta wait till it gets funded though.
Timeslip did you run any publicity on this yet?

Hey ERYFKRAD - I've been doing what I can, but it's really hard to promote a Kickstarter. Few lets players cover them, and the traditional press for the most part aren't interested. I also ended up launching earlier than anticipated to avoid a slump at thanksgiving. This meant I didn't have much time to promote it (which pre early access, is mostly sending emails into the ether), and didn't give as much notice as I would normally.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
This is something I could get behind too, to atone for my sin of not backing the Monomyth fundraiser. Vigilantes was actually a really good game despite its developmental constraints.

I think for the vast majority of people, PW will be a considerably better game. I'm guessing some people might like the setting of Vigilantes, but PW will have a much more interesting story.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
If anyone knows of any Kickstarter friendly Streamers, let me know! I'll give them a try.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
SplatterCatGaming has also done playthroughs of indie games like Project Haven.

Desert Fish

Educated
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I nearly always end up disappointed by crowd-funded projects...

But the early bird is cheap, and this seems promising, so what the hell. Backed.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I nearly always end up disappointed by crowd-funded projects...

But the early bird is cheap, and this seems promising, so what the hell. Backed.

Thanks Desert Fish - it does seem that less people are interested in games at this stage of development. It really looks like Kickstarter is much more difficult than it was a couple of years ago.

Smerlus

Educated
I backed Vigilantes but haven't got around to playing it. Backed this too. Good luck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...t-a-post-digital-turn-based-rpg/posts/3340819

35% Funded, FAQs and Higher Tiers Improved!

Hi everybody!

A huge thank you to everyone who has backed the campaign so far! It's currently at 35% coming up to five days. The most important thing now is to maintain as much momentum as possible.

Spreading the word on a Kickstarter as a small studio is very difficult. The traditional press rarely cover small studio Kickstarters, and few let's players cover games at this stage of development. If you'd like to give the campaign a signal boost, there are a couple of things you can do to help:

• Share/retweet the Facebook and Twitter posts!
  • Contact or tell me about any streamers which cover demo / kickstarter games!
  • Tell your friends about the Kickstarter!
8397aab3bdbbbe1260c4aba2f8730e1b_original.gif

The Prometheus Wept Kickstarter hasn't spread quite as quickly as the virus, but here's to hope :)
I'd also like to address a couple of questions:

Q: To what extent can I customise my character?

A: The intention is to have several male/female models with adjustable skin tone. You can name your character and equipped items, like armour and helmets will be displayed on the character model.

Q: Will there be voice acting, like in Vigilantes?

A: Yep! One of my favourite parts of development is combining other peoples' (visual artists, musicians, voice actors) work with my own. The intention is to take a similar approach to voice acting in Prometheus Wept. For those not familiar with Vigilantes, this means there won't be full voice acting, but key events will be voice acted.

Finally, I've reworked the Rogue AI and Promethean Benefactor tiers to make them more interesting. There will be times when members from an allied faction will temporarily join you to assist in an objective (i.e. Zeke Anand in the demo), so I figured it would be fun to offer a limited number of supporters the chance to appear as one of these characters. The character would be created in your likeness, and we'd collaborate on developing their personality.

If you have any questions or feedback, please do leave a comment! Also, if there's any area of the game you'd like me to cover in greater detail in a future update, feel free to ask - I'm happy to covering whatever you find interesting.

Thanks for reading & have a good day,

Daithi

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom