Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS3 Bayonetta

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've been warned against this version because of the loading times, but I'm almost done with Demon's Souls and need another game. Plus, loading times aren't really the worst thing ever, though they could spoil the experience in a game where you die a lot...

So I'm wondering, how bad are the loading times really on the PS3, and what should I know before I dive into this to me unknown game?

I got this for the 360 and deeply regret it. Thought it might be fun like Ninja Gaiden or Dark Souls. Oh, how wrong I was. However, the neat thing about the loading times is they let you control Bayonetta and practice various moves while you wait. So that is some consoleation.

And why is this in the jRPG section?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No clue, thought I made the thread in General Gaming.
What didn't you like about it?

deuxhero

Arcane
If you really need a PS3 game, get something like Meruru or Neptunia Mk 2 and write a review for us.

Unless you haven't played Valkyria Chronicles yet, it's pretty good.

What didn't you like about it?
The combat system just doesn't didn't particularly suck me in, the music bothers the hell out of me, and there's a lot of cutscenes. Those last two are intertwined because if the music wasn't so annoyingly japanese pop I could probably handle the cutscenes. I do like the outrageous stuff that happens however (high heel guns, high heel stomp, hair attack, etc), although it can also be really annoying when a bunch of visual effects are flashing across the entire screen. It's also one of those games where I would be embarrassed if someone walked in on me playing it. Anyway, I think if you liked the DMC games at all, you will find this game much more up your alley than I did.

MikeHaggar

Educated
Project: Eternity
i heard the framerate is a worse problem in the ps3 version which is unaccebtable in a game like this

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh well, I got it used for cheap so I'll see.
Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Personally I am not a fan of DMC 3, but love God Hand. The latter seems more... methodical. More well thought-out.

MikeHaggar

Educated
god hand has more depth for sure. hard as shit which i love. that game makes you its bitch like youre a 14 year old borderline diagnosed girl in a destructive relationship with a 25 year old psychopath

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Holy balls; I like this game. Unfortunately it's more like DMC than God Hand... which means failure after failure for me. Stone Awards every chapter starting with the second, and the Chapter 5 fight vs Virgil drained me physically and emotionally to a point that I feel freaking exhausted. It took me seven or eight fucking tries and I'm on Normal, for chrissakes!

I'm so bad at these games.
I rate this game 4 out of 5 in difficulty, and that's on Normal. It's like playing the action game version of Mushihimesama Futari to me.

almondblight

Arcane
Jasede, have you tried out Unlimited Saga yet? I messed around with it a bit and it seemed pretty promising.

almondblight

Arcane
Old PS2 JRPG, but it should be backwards compatible with the PS3 (according to Wikipedia). It got trashed for being too hardcore and confusing, but seemed good from the 20 minutes I played of it. It seems like there's a decent amount of depth - for example, there are five skills for opening chests:

MikeHaggar

Educated
Holy balls; I like this game. Unfortunately it's more like DMC than God Hand... which means failure after failure for me. Stone Awards every chapter starting with the second, and the Chapter 5 fight vs Virgil drained me physically and emotionally to a point that I feel freaking exhausted. It took me seven or eight fucking tries and I'm on Normal, for chrissakes!

I'm so bad at these games.
I rate this game 4 out of 5 in difficulty, and that's on Normal. It's like playing the action game version of Mushihimesama Futari to me.
really? for me god hand was WAY harder then dmc lol
ninja gaiden is up there with god hand, but thats mainly because of the retarded camera lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom