Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD source code download link

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Considering we don't have any testers or bug reports anymore, maybe this should become Codex front page material ?
Now than anybody can download it and play, it should give more visibility.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Some gay browsers seem to be switching to https automatically, I will set up some https there.

EDIT: ok try now

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Considering we don't have any testers or bug reports anymore, maybe this should become Codex front page material ?
Now than anybody can download it and play, it should give more visibility.
I can't remember what stopped me from continuing my playthrough from before but I can't say I tested it extensively. :oops:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Incredible that I can now download a single file, unzip it, click on an .exe and run Prelude to Darkness on Windows 10 with zero crashes, bugs or graphical issues.

Massive kudos to everyone involved in this :salute:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Incredible that I can now download a single file, unzip it, click on an .exe and run Prelude to Darkness on Windows 10 with zero crashes, bugs or graphical issues.

Massive kudos to everyone involved in this :salute:
Just in time for Windows 11 to ruin it all :-D

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

barricade

Educated
Alright, time to distribute. I have been trying to deploy the assets on GitLab but the thing is just too large for the free cloud tier, and I am not in the mood to install the entire thing on a on premises machine. For now I am deploying it elsewhere:

http://62-210-107-65.rev.poneytelecom.eu/PreludeToDarkness.zip

This bundle contains everything, including our latest fixes. Right now, this is the windows 32-bits version, just download the binaries from the repo if you want the Linux/64-bits stuff. I might bundle everything in the future on a single zip, let's see.

Installation:

Just unzip and play.

Enjoy.

what's the trick to make this game playable? it lags so much i can't even finish the first fight, i'm getting like 5 fps.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Well that is new. It should have decent FPS in any somewhat recent gpu, what are you using?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright, time to distribute. I have been trying to deploy the assets on GitLab but the thing is just too large for the free cloud tier, and I am not in the mood to install the entire thing on a on premises machine. For now I am deploying it elsewhere:

This bundle contains everything, including our latest fixes. Right now, this is the windows 32-bits version, just download the binaries from the repo if you want the Linux/64-bits stuff. I might bundle everything in the future on a single zip, let's see.

Installation:

Just unzip and play.

Enjoy.
is this the same version as

Journal is fine now:

https://gitlab.com/ptd3/ptd-1/-/releases/2.11

I also changed some stuff in the save system, so if your saves are suddenly corrupting and disappearing let me know.

Quicksaves now in F5 and Q and they are rolling, ie, we keep old versions of them. It should be useful for debugging.

just repackaged?

or is the repackaged version newer?

barricade

Educated
Well that is new. It should have decent FPS in any somewhat recent gpu, what are you using?

well, i fixed the fps problem actually. but i can't seem to fix the lags i get on the hand cursor, which is very "floaty". is there any way to use the hardware cursor rather than using the game cursor?

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Well, cursor positioning comes from glfw events right now and maps to desktop coords. What do you mean by floaty? It still renders once per frame, so it will be choppy on low fps.

barricade

Educated
by "floaty" i meant that there's an unusual delay as they try to move the cursor. but i gave up on prelude anyway since i can't even load my saved game, it keeps crashing everytime i click on load, and i get this error msg "exception - a core was dumped

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Send me your savegame via pm please, we are interested in crash reports so we can investigate.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!

Installation:

Just unzip and play.

Enjoy.

please make a better link. Gdrive perhaps.

Konjad

Patron
Can you guys save and load the game? Clicking "Save" opens load window for me. I can quicksave, but then whenever I click "load" the game crashes.

Windows 10

erere.jpg

asfasdf

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Alright let me take a look

edit: ok managed to reproduce here, let me see if I can fix it

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
The Binaries & Extra zip contains the 64 and 32 bit .exes/.dlls/and some misc .txt fixes you need.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom