Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD Source-Code

Modron

Arcane
Mat weekends can be 12 years long.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
You want a game's source code, you have to pry it from its cold dead hands with IDA.

BTW I did do some digging for a couple of weeks, if anyone's interested I can send the IDA db. Also tried my hand at hooking stuff a la Temple+ but alas didn't get very far:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/PreludePlus

Ah sweet sweet IDA (I have a licence at work but the free version is good enough for a WIN32 program)...
All those prospects of source code during the last years prevented me from launching it for this game, I optimistically believe that the source code will come out at some point :)

laclongquan

Arcane
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with MC and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

The problem for all this time was just... finding them and asking!

After they reply to you, that's when you can say "in contact".

If just them looking/reading your email and not reply, it's NOT. That's the modern protocol in email, anyhow~

Anyway, i have my doubt you would be successful. If it's possible it would happen years ago. Even if you can really contact them by emails or else~ they will hem and haw and drive you around.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Better make it appear

10784126.jpg

Wunderbar

Arcane
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with CP and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

Fowyr

It's a crime that you can only give one brofist to a post.

If he delivers he should get a prestigious tag.
and if he doesn't he should get a dumbfuck tag

:littlemissfun:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Next Friday?
Possible! I'm sure we will get it soon!

Apparently it's written in C++ and uses DX6. I don't know C++, so I probably won't be able to significantly modify it much any time soon, but perhaps some of you do? Though we'll see how it looks like once we get it. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer!

Modron

Arcane
I think it's probably more the case of providing the source is more complex than they thought because they used some preassembled asset/library/script. So they have to go through it line by line, lookup if a 20 year old company is still around and even if they aren't check if someone else bought up their tech, et cetera just to see what they can legally release.

That or they are just masterful trolls.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What Modron said, I doubt they're trolling you Konjad.

Like most game source code I bet it's filled to the brim with proprietary libraries and middleware which would first require checks on the licensing and then potentially removal.

It's a pretty big job to legally release the source code for most commercial projects (unless you've used no third party components at all, but that's super rare).

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Meh, that's a lousy excuse. There was a similar problem with Teudogar/Darghul where Wolfgang couldn't legally share his game anymore. Luckily, his site got hacked and someone inserted a hidden link with a password-protected zip, and that's how everyone here got his copy.

It'd be a tragedy if something similar were to happen to the ZeroSum guys *wink wink*

My money is on them being serial procrastinators.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh, that's a lousy excuse. There was a similar problem with Teudogar/Darghul where Wolfgang couldn't legally share his game anymore. Luckily, his site got hacked and someone inserted a hidden link with a password-protected zip, and that's how everyone here got his copy.

It'd be a tragedy if something similar were to happen to the ZeroSum guys *wink wink*

My money is on them being serial procrastinators.
Those games were like barely 100 mb each though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did it! You had no faith, silly people of the 'dex, but I've got the source code! I will make a new thread, so link doesn't drown in turds here.

Konjad

Patron
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with CP and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

Fowyr

It's a crime that you can only give one brofist to a post.

If he delivers he should get a prestigious tag.
Now you'll have to pester admins about it!

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i really hope this leads to fixes such as ctd fixes and native widescreen support

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom