Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Putting the RPG back in the Codex!

Ander Vinz

Scholar
I thought this thread was retardoed long ago.
But since it's alive, can I post dumb shit here too?
Please!

GeneralSamov

Prophet
You could hook up a camera filming and streaming to teh netz live, and then drop yourself from a church tower, with the camera capturing it, for instance.

Rhett Butler said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Dementia Praecox said:
But will it stop stuff like TOR and JAP?
Potentially, yes.

I don't like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who uses TOR a lot, and it would suck to be put on restricted posting because I accidentally posted at the Codex while it was running.
What, are you some kind of pedophile? :kccachphrasetakeover:

Edit:
Just not to get any misunderstandings here, I'm joking. I use TOR sometimes too.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Rhett Butler said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Dementia Praecox said:
But will it stop stuff like TOR and JAP?
Potentially, yes.
I don't like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who uses TOR a lot, and it would suck to be put on restricted posting because I accidentally posted at the Codex while it was running.
At the moment there's only a block on registrations. So far that appears to be working and I've only implemented about 2 out of the 20 or so possible options I was looking at. If that keeps working out as well as it is, I won't look at doing anything else unless it becomes necessary.

Herbert West

Arbiter
GeneralSamov said:
You could hook up a camera filming and streaming to teh netz live, and then drop yourself from a church tower, with the camera capturing it, for instance.

Strap the camere to your head before you jump please, it will be more fun that way.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Herbert West said:
GeneralSamov said:

Strap the camere to your head before you jump please, it will be more fun that way.

À la A Clockwork Orange.

Texas Red

Whiner
Notice how DarkUndies portrays himself as a freak, while Andharia is the handsome Johnny Cage. Guess we discovered the true reason why DU suddenly banned a contributive member of the Codex.

Mareus

Magister
Ok, I ve been here for few weeks and most of what I saw I liked. Quite a few people actually know something about games, but the thing that really starts to bother me is the level of retardation I see in almost every post.

Yeah, I know... I ve been a retard myself a few times, but at first it was all just for a good laugh. Dementia really made me laugh, even when he was insulting me. But, Jesus Christ, what I really don't understand is why even good topics get filled with shit.

I mean, you put a smiley in your post and already some righteous dumbass appears spitting insults out of his mouth like he doesn't have anything better to do. You type "I m" instead of "I'm" and BAM! Some genius comes to lecture me about my english, while completely forgetting about his own spelling mistakes in his post. Like I said, at first.. it was fun to exchange blows, but I m really getting sick of this shit. Who is the guy in charge around here? I want to complain!

RPGCodex is so far the only forum I ve seen and liked, but acting retarded all the time is just not good for the posts. I can understand arguing with arguments, but starting fights with people just because sometimes they don't have time to bother with spelling is not doing RPGCodex any favors.

Erzherzog

Magister
Bitching about something won't cause an improvement.

Not to mention, putting "BTW, Oblivion sux" in your sig is not adding anything new or interesting.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I hate smilaids, big, small, statics and animated. And I try my best to write correctly even though some days my own fingers are working against me. Not a reason to go medieval on someone if he made a couple of typos but some cases are asking for the spelling stick with a rusty nail on it.

I agree that sometimes good threads can fall into retardation but I guess it's just the Codex. If anything I see it happen because people post their own opinion and do not want to discuss how good or bad it is because it's their god-damned opinion and they damn have the right to post it and believe it good because they damn pay for that damn internet access every damned month.

Mareus

Magister
Wolfenstein1942 said:
Bitching about something won't cause an improvement.

Not to mention, putting "BTW, Oblivion sux" in your sig is not adding anything new or interesting.

I put Oblivion sucks in my sig because it is the most overrated game ever. I know it's not anything new to the people on codex, so just call it expressing my discontent.

The thing I am wondering though is what's the point of this forum anyway? If people waste more energy on arguing about spelling mistakes and smileys then on writing something meaningful, what's the bloody point?

I mean I joined this forum because Vault Dweller wrote a great review about Oblivion. Something I didn't see on many other sites. I commented it and BAM! Dementia appears and starts trashing my ass for commenting a long dead post. After a while I found him quite funny so I decided to play along, but after few weeks around here I noticed that such duels are a very common thing here. Yes, it WAS funny. Yes it WAS amusing, but not anymore. Too many good posts end up in shit.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Mareus said:
blah blah blah I'm a loser I can't handle it blah blah blah I'm going to go kill myself blah decline of the Codex blah blah unprofessional blah
Congratulations! You're bitching about the Codex. Welcome to the club.

The Walkin' Dude said:
Notice how DarkUndies portrays himself as a freak, while Andharia is the handsome Johnny Cage. Guess we discovered the true reason why DU suddenly banned a contributive member of the Codex.
... or that was the best Mortal Kombat image I could find to doctor. You know, either or.

MasPingon

Arcane
Mareus said:
I mean, you put a smiley in your post and already some righteous dumbass appears spitting insults out of his mouth like he doesn't have anything better to do. You type "I m" instead of "I'm" and BAM! Some genius comes to lecture me about my english, while completely forgetting about his own spelling mistakes in his post. Like I said, at first.. it was fun to exchange blows, but I m really getting sick of this shit.

Yeah, that's why we all here. If you don't like it - get the fuck out.

Mareus

Magister
DarkUnderlord said:
Mareus said:
blah blah blah I'm a loser I can't handle it blah blah blah I'm going to go kill myself blah decline of the Codex blah blah unprofessional blah
Congratulations! You're bitching about the Codex. Welcome to the club.

:shock:

See? That is exactly what I am talking about. I try to play it nice, but again insults.

I wouldn't call Codex unprofessional. It's the only bloody site that speaks the truth about games!!! Spreading lies about games like those assholes on 1 UP is what i call unprofessional. But I don't understand how can most people here give more damn about bloody smileys and spelling mistakes than arguments about games??

FINE! NO MORE SMILEYS FROM ME! YOU WIN! Jesus, Dementia was right when he warned me NO BLOODY SMILEYS!!

Mareus

Magister
MasPingon said:
Yeah, that's why we all here. If you don't like it - get the fuck out.

Hey, no way. I like it here. It has that, how do you call it,.. anarhistic flavor to it. Just wish people would give more damn about games than spelling mistakes.

Erzherzog

Magister
DarkUnderlord said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
... or that was the best Mortal Kombat image I could find to doctor. You know, either or.

Or maybe he has swords for arms and is warning us all not to fucking mess with him.

See? That is exactly what I am talking about. I try to play it nice, but again insults.

I've yet to see you truly insulted. Something like a straight up insult without a good point attached.

Jason

chasing a bee
Fuck this shit. I shouldn't have to deal with bitchass dickheads like you guys. I ain't doin this shit no more. You got beef, you can come to my front door. By all means, I ask you to. Because the second you see the door open you can be sure I won't stop ripping and tearing away at your flesh till you're nothing but a bloody pile of mush and broken bones in my driveway. I'll gladly add just another name to the list and bury you shallow in my back yard, you insolent, pestering little fucks. You wanna fuck with me, ask me later for my address, and I'll gladly give it to you. And next time I check back, I sure as hell hope to see someone's asked.

:manoil:

User was nabbed fit

Plane tickets, bitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom