Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

q96 clay

oldschool

Scholar
Anyone who deals with Chak either ends up sold out (Xanadu), turned on (Nao), or threatened with death (Havoc).

If you guys want to deal with him though and hand out signs, then fine. It's probably the smart thing to do. It's not like we can keep it to ourselves anyway. Someone will need to set up a LS alt down there and take over the personal claim. I can leave my alt in place for a few days until it's done. The chieftan alt can stay, he isn't on my main account.

As for me, I don't know how much more I'll be playing. I'm bored with it. I think I'll try going hermit for a while and see how that goes.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
  • zpang tells me you guys want to trade your clay Sure yeah well dk if he told you but i kinda went off on him for that Yes, he did mention something about that. I'm a little offended you guys aren't just giving it to us

i mean, we hooked you up went you left Even gave zpang a merch robe recently I thought Zpang got his merch robe in exchange for bulbs? heh he gave us 6 bulbs not exactly worth a merch robes He was accumulating more

or us but those were taken by the wv riad Well, the thought was trade along similar lines. think i'm being pretty reasonable considering you didn't mention it to us earlier but considering ouhistory of leaks it's not that unreasonable even though we've exorcised them all Yeah, our thinking was we'd give you access, but we wanted some help with high Q trees in returnNow see

I guess the source of my offense is that we've been pretty damn generous we gave you our best herb tables and asked nothing in return I don't see why we wouldn't continue to do so in the future Well, that's the sort of help we were thinking about. I mean, not a value for value trade but a "have clay, can you help us with trees?" yeah i just figured we could share freely

okay you knwo what think i know where we went wrong And didn't you want bulbs for the herb tables? zpang talked to avu about it ol Yeah, zpang spoke to Avu. Not sure what he said.

Well I think Avu was probably pretty shitty you guys were hiding it from us in the beginning and probably spun everything else to be as offensive as possible Look it might be a while until we can offer a serious tech upgrade to the tables we already gave you but we're slaping together our first 140/163/250 tables right now We only found the clay spot recently. blocks/boards/fibers and have a very limited supply of the trees so we're going to need to grow some upgrades fromt hat

before we can produce more and the 1450+ trees are catkins so they grow really slow here err 140+ Ok Zpang was after potted stufff for the mine but with the tables, we should be able to set something up anyway. well if oyu want what we can make right now it wil be 110+ easy

Anyway, my intention at least, was we'd keep the you giving us stuff, we giving you stuff going bit may have come across wrong :/ Well We both know Avu has a tendancy to blow things out of proportion a bit emotionally He's a little intense about the game but that's why we love him True. So we'll chock it up to that forget the mess eh?

Yeah. I think the point is, we have Q98 Clay. :) So how do we hook you up with a sign? heh Zpang is pretty familiar with our exchange process just hook him up with it and we'll get it worked out Ok, will do.

Oh, ok, talking to Zpang, he wanted potted trees he could just plant - he ahsn't got time to mess withhe tables but we should be able to sort that out easily enough Yeah he'll have to coordinate with Juhuberta on timing for getting a tree potted since juhu is the one who can process that stuff well that smoothed out n the next couple week I should be able to get a good supply of blaze thanes 've got the silver already and talking to blaze about access to his gold mine

Blaze is back? I noticed he'd come back but then disappeared again yeah i happened to catch him cuz he's on right now Heh.
Ok, have fun deciphering who said what (stupid log system) but the basics are:
  • CoP / Chak have been pretty good to us so far, setting us up with rings, plate and shit when we left CoP and ongoing giving us stuff for nothing (or very little) in return. Our intent has basically been to keep that going.
  • We have only found the clay spot recently and wanted to get it and nc setup a bit better before we started sharing. The raid has obviously changed that and we may as well share now.
  • We give CoP sign to clay so they can port up and back when they want (we'll sort out how we're handling access later, so they don't leave trespass scents). They may have to port via Brodgar unless they have the AGI to port across 5 super-grids. Again, we'll worry about that later if it becomes an issue.
  • Zpang will talk to Juhu about trees he needs; otherwise it won't be hard for us to hook him up ourselves with Havoc's gear.

Zdzisiu said:
Btw, could anybody make a map where this famous clayspot is? I ,for one, have no idea where it is.
Check the map of the supergrid. It's the bottom left basically. Find the part where it goes down to a V with an island, then heads back up.

oldschool

Scholar
I left 2 chests of tree pots, 2 chests of bricks, and a cupboard of bricks in the cabin at clay spot.

Avu contacted me and said DU's trees are ready.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Got the bricks and trees.

Planted 3 (2 High Q, 1 not so high) at the mine. Planted remaining High Q 1 at the Bakery.

Thanks for the 2 chests of tree pots. I'll start up an operation using Havoc's stuff just to get some more high Q trees around the place and up at the mine.

oldschool

Scholar
Bumped for nostalgia.

Been trying out the new world for a few days. The random spawning means pretty much all the HQ resources were discovered and claimed quickly, although I suppose metal ore quality is still there to be found. Basically a world full of huge personal claims covering all the HQ water, soil, and clay.

Most people I meet either ignore me or run away. Haven't even been able to bargain for basic starter seeds. Seems to be a different player base than before.

The curiosities are ok. Better than LP grinding for sure, although, organized villages with curiosity factories will be able to mass produce one day alts with better skills than a hermit can earn in a week.

Anyway, gonna stick with it for a while if anybody is still playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom