Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Qasir al-Wasat: A Night in-Between

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Damn Northeners and their recursive humor!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since I won't be having much time the next week, I'm posting the final update now. It's a big one :).

Part 10: The grand finale

A few, yet big, mysteries await us. Let us cross the emerald portal!
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

More strange architecture! This one was apparently made by the Angels. Strangely, above the Crescent Moon is a six-pointed star. I would expect an eight-pointed one. Let's see what the treasure is.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

It's almost as if the northerners left the jewel here just for Subtle... Let's activate it!
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The Hexadecachoron moves and changes shape constantly.
We got transported to the central patio. Now we need to complate our contract with al-Saahir so that the contract seal will not stop us. To do that, we must kill the last guardian.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

We have killed the third guardian and took his sword. Our poison glands can now make unlimted amounts of venom, albeit a non-lethal one.
Our contract is complete. I guess we'll have to deal with our employer now...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

It seems that we have outmanouvered al-Saahir! I hope we can get our claws on that fucker so that he can pay for trying to trick us. You can't see this on the screenshots but the guy was really shaking when he spoke >:)
Now, onwards to the locked room! If you don't remember it's in the south long pool room, on the south wall.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

More purple glow, this means we'll be entering a warp zone.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

After some guard rooms we reach a richly-decorated room. It seems to be al-Saahir's inner sanctum.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

He does seem to be a coward, running away from a creature that could be killed with a single stab... Let's see what treasures we can find in the inner sanctum.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

A lot of valuable stuff, but not really that interesting. The object on the table does look intriguing though.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Good, al-Saahir does have what we want in his collection. And the djinn can help us get it if we set him free. Let's get to work.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

That was one hard seal to solve. The solution, unsurprisingly, is an oryx. An animal that shows up frequently during the game. I wonder if it has any particular significance in middle-eastern mythology?
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The Djinn is out of the box! That's one ugly spirit if you ask me.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

We already knew that from the stuff we have found and heard in the palace. Although that "and the Queen" part is a bit disturbing. Are djinns trannies?
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Too bad he was not as smart as he was powerfull. Tricked by some mortal, imprisoned in a copper vessell. :decline: of djinns.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Djinn engineering involves lots of extra-dimensional connections, water-operated mechanisms, and logic-based locks. Seems much more fun that doing C++ for a living...
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

So for his freedom the djinn offers us servitude in his palace? What a rip-off. Good thing Subtle has enough balls to decline.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

What kind of writing is this? Most likely just gibberish but if anyone knows better please share :)
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Nice, the manuscript was camouflaged as a piece of wood. And the djinn also offers to give us fame! It seems that we made quite a bargain by releasing him. It is also revealed that Subtle is actually Makhor... Agassi, I summon thee! Share your knowledge with us puny mortals!
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The djinn grabbed a nice sword from a treasure pile and went off to find al-Saahir and "thank" him for his "hospitality". We won't see whether he is actually killed, but I do think there is a high chance of that.
Now to collect our prize.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

What better place to get out of this plane than the one we were initially summoned to? Let's go!
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

And so, Subtle leaves our world. He got new power, great knowledge and a new friend, just in a nights work. I really hope that we'll see more of him in the future. This is the best ending we could get. However, I hope you do remember that we could have killed the third guardian without being anchored by the angel's gift. So without further ado, the "bad" ending.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg
web.jpg

Thank you all who read, commented or brofisted in this thread!

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Cool!

The final poison upgrade is great because you don't get stained by blood anymore and can stay invisible all the time, I assume?

I don't know what's with the Oryxes, but the Djinn also seems to have the head of one, so it's probably his personal motif or somesuch.

The mysterious writing is obviously Georgian! Ok, it's not, and I don't recognize the glyphs... Perhaps the game developers can answer that one :)

Thanks for an interesting LP! :salute:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You are invisible all the time in the Inner Palace, but with the poison upgrade you can stealth-disable as many guards as you want. However, they will wake up once you leave the room. So if you disable a guard standing right next to a door, go through it, and then go back, you'll bump into him right on entering, meaning insta-death. This means that by that point of the game you should have already explored everything and just go to the south seal door.

About the Oryx, yeah, that could be the explanation :)

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
web.jpg

What kind of writing is this? Most likely just gibberish but if anyone knows better please share :)
All right, something kept bugging me about that bloody writing... Despite not being recognizable as any currently used script I'm aware of, there was still something damn familiar about it... And guess what? I did actually see it before:

tumblr_mauy36sXWf1qaruxco1_500.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

Nice touch, that. The makers of this game did their homework :salute:

Damn, CappenVarra nice find! I did know about Voynich from reading about crypto but I have terrible visual memory.

And I love the calligraphy in this game. The calligrapher is even mentioned in the credits.

I don't think it was very well visible in the LP, but all the circular seal puzzles had very beautiful symbols in them. During my first playthrough I did take my time to admire it.

I've also emailed one of the Aduge guys about this LP, inviting them here. Not sure if they'll ever come though ;)

I also know that Qasir was initially supposed to be "Tsar", which would be set in Moscov in time of Ivan the Terrible. Aduge did decide that project was too big for first game and went with Qasir instead. However, they do hope to make Tsar in the future. I know I would kickstart it right away if it is done in the same spirit as Qasir. I also seem to remember that Subtle was supposed to show up there too, as vaguely it is hinted in the last monologue of the third guardian. Some confrontation with Pagu and Northerners also seems likely. Would be nice if Agassi let us know if she has any info on Pagu or Makhor...

I've tried to find an efficient algorithm to solve the seal puzzles. During this playthorugh I did them all more by feeling and frobbing than actually thinking :(. Not knowing the name of the puzzle kind makes googling a bit hard. However, I did find Engel's Enigma, which seems to be the base of this puzzle. There are some core differences though. Almost all seals (except the first one) move other disks along with the one player adjusts, sometimes by not the same steps as the players disk; no elements change place from circle to circle; only one step needs to match.

Absalom

Boss. Yeah I'll definitely have to pick this game up. Great lp d00d.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom