Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

Parsifarka

Arcane
First id spoils QLive with loadouts and now they throw this crap. Visually it's way closer to Unreal Torunament 3 than Quake 3 and it smells awfully to MOBA shit. Please, let a peaceful and diverse muslim storm in Bethesda headquarters.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dunno, looks cool to me (not that I care, MP games are a pastime for degenerates). Making a straight-out clone of the previous games (with better graphics) doesn't make any sense because most of the nugamerz wouldn't like (have shit taste) and appealing to grogtards (obnoxious and nit-picky, would probably stay/go back to playing Quake 1/3/Live) who would never even buy the game is an abysmal financial decision.

tormund

Arcane
I am a true prophet of our people.
I wouldn't be surprised if QUAKE THE REBOOT is multiplayer focused or even MP only, given that they have two SP focused FPS reboots now (Wolf and Doom) and most people are mentioning Quake in terms of Q3 nowadays.

Prepare yourself for Bethesda's own entry into the blooming genre of FPS MOBAs, men.:negative:

Not that this was hard to predict. In these latter times, things can only get progressively worse.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't have problem with abilities for each character but if guns are locked to characters then it can burn in hell.

Either way it is made by D tier studio so this will be just for the sake of shareholders We also have Overwatch !

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
This isn't an overwatch clone per say, it's more that overwatch and this game are just part of the direction First Person Shooters are going towards.

Riskbreaker

And so we relinquish Quake to that merry Overwatch crowd, and to journos that are all, down to the last one, hard khor Quack fans that used to play Quack on their Nintendo Amiga all night back in '91.

I'm not even capable of getting angry anymore.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This reveal trailer was the most uninstpired, soulless product I've seen in a long time.

abija

Prophet
If the weapon ranger picks up is the lightning gun nobody involved in making that teaser actually played/watched any footage of q1/q3 to get a clue how the gun is supposed to work.

This is typical 'revival' of old franchise... title / logo for old audience, everything else for dudebro crowd. Same with Shadow Warrior 2013, Duke Nukem Forever etc.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
the only doubt I have before throwing all my expectations in the garbage is whether said skills are not just 'I win' instant damage buttons
if I have to deal with some faggots' F.U.C.K.Y.O.U. Homing Bolt of Guaranteed Damage ability spam instead of just one movement-oriented ability per character like walljumping around, double/triple jumping, jetpack hovering, translocating, UT grappling hook, Xonotic grappling hook, sliding, dashing, increased air control etc, then Champions is beyond beyond saving, as it is already beyond saving
But of course we know that any modern game developer can't help but stuff all kinds of abilities into the characters like every other CRAPCUNTS out there

tormund

Arcane
I "love" how both BethDoom's MP component and now Quakewatch were given to developers that worked on remasters and multiplayer modes of various Halo games.

Venser

Erudite
Saber fucking Interactive. Didn't id learn anything from outsourcing Doom multiplayer?
I got an impression that every character will get a unique ability (probably with cooldown): teleport, temporary wallhack, shade, charge... I don't really mind that as long as all characters behave the same otherwise. So far nothing made me thing that there will be multiple classes or objective oriented gameplay, especially since Willits said you have to find a guy that suits you and stick with him so I guess no counter picking or bullshit like that will be necessary. I'd hate if you can choose slow character with high HP but slower movement for example. But what will be annoying as hell is that we won't be able to force enemy models due to characters being unique. Imagine how annoying it will be to aim at Orb. I like Visor but what if Klesk has a better ability, will I be forced to listen to his squeaky fucking voice while jumping? Also the guns look fucking huge, they better not take a half of the screen and there's gotta be a drawgun 0 option.

First id spoils QLive with loadouts and now they throw this crap. Visually it's way closer to Unreal Torunament 3 than Quake 3 and it smells awfully to MOBA shit. Please, let a peaceful and diverse muslim storm in Bethesda headquarters.
Yeah, they're now adding classic deathmatch with pickups to Doom as free DLC haha. Also I haven't seen a single FFA server that's running loadouts in Quake Live ever since community started running the servers.

If the weapon ranger picks up is the lightning gun nobody involved in making that teaser actually played/watched any footage of q1/q3 to get a clue how the gun is supposed to work.

What are you talking about? Looks and behaves like a standard shaft, clearly inspired by Q4 design.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
6b7.gif

I remember thinking that Hitman: Absolution was the worst thing that could possibly happen.
HAHA
HAHA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom