Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

Venser

Erudite
Whenever there's a server full of Death Knights I just pick him too for the fire resistance ability alone. Sorlag's ability blinds you more if it hits you directly tho.

They need to remove DK's ability to merge the fireballs and increase his cooldown a bit and he'd be fine.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Yes, that makes the most sense I suppose. But what would be a counter to DK other than picking DK?

Btw I'm not sure the blinding effect is worth shit.

Venser

Erudite
So Quake Champions is now permanently free to play. They didn't show anything new, no CTF or other mods, no new maps...meh

abija

Prophet
Released F2P with the worst patch performance wise. Should have expected it...

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Trying to reel in idiots even though no bought it when they tried at E3 and no one is buying it now. When the fuck will they realize that no one wants to play this trash game? Lololololo let's take away the best part about Quake (customization) and dumb down the gameplay for the Twitch.TV™ and esports™ community. Like seriously, what in God's name did they expect to happen?

Venser

Erudite
My Scalebearer statue has arrived but the best thing about it is detachable rocket launcher

DkRCH5HXgAE9qCq.jpg

abija

Prophet
Yeah, not even bo3 final.
Also, if they were set on bo1, could have at least added more rounds in the actual duel or more champion lives. At least "try" to make it interesting.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i just loaded this game out of curiosity since is now free to get scammed play and i heard some are complaining this shit is too teh hard for them which prickled my ears.

Call me old, but i have no fucking idea what the fuck is going on with all this shit. Loot boxes, daily prizes, bonus stashes, the fuck is this garbage? I had to click through a billion pop ups which i didn't even bother to read only to get some game going to test this shit out. I'll say the engine feels pretty good, movement and shooting feels like it should, and somehow the game automatically found some setting where i'm getting no FPS drops whatsoever, but everything else just baffles me. It's like an unholy mix between those fake strategy games you get on phones and old Quake.

Cadmus

Arcane
Its bizzare how they bloated the quite good shooter with all that garbage. The shooter part is also not all that perfect but youll see that after some time yourself.

grimace

Arcane
New update that reduces the impact of the abilities on the gameplay. Definitely a step in the right direction. So far it's not in the game but you can access the test server through steam if you own champions pack.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/244076/public-test-server-update-october-30-2018/2?language=en?utm_source&utm_medium=Social

504 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html).
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: XewfCzaG-PcXSB6JXqrlvH8VaWLcLhmSciQO5KJaGRq110cDxnOWYA==

Amazon's servers have not been performing at 100% for many businesses that utilize Amazon to host their content.

If that page loads, could you please copy and paste the information here directly on this forum?

Venser

Erudite
Sure

There is a new build going up on the PTS today, October 30th! We estimate it should be completed by 1PM EDT (5PM UTC). Please let us know what you think of these changes (and if you encounter any issues) here on the PTS forum.

Please note that this build is not representative of the final build coming in the next official Live Build update. There may be further features added/removed/shifted as well as additional PTS builds to test these. Also, the patch notes below will always be abridged versions compared to the Live Build. Understanding this is paramount.

Noobs to the PTS Mini-FAQ:

I’ve never been in the PTS before. How do I gain access? Great question Champ! Owning the Champions Pack grants you access! So whether you purchased it on Bethesda Launcher or on Steam you should now have access. It’ll look a little different on each client. On Bethesda Launcher, you should now have a whole different icon for Quake Champions PTS – it’s Black and White (and probably at the bottom of your list of games – so you’ll likely have to scroll down to find it). You can click and drag it up your list to make it easier to find in the future, at which point it’ll look like this:

On Steam, in your Library, you should now have what looks like a whole new listing for a game called “Quake Champions PTS” that should be right under “Quake Champions” in your list of games. Should look like this:

If you are a Champions Pack owner (from either Bethesda Launcher or Steam and you don’t see the “Quake Champions PTS” as above, please contact one of our lovely CS team and they can sort you out: https://help.bethesda.net/

I was already in previous PTS builds, what’s changed for me?

Only thing that’s changed is your heart; as your love has yet again deepened for this game and for the people in it. EVERYTHING ELSE STAYS THE SAME FOR YOU.

How does the ‘limited to 500 Users’ at a time work?

There is a soft cap of 500 Users on the PTS server, after the limit is reached, it’s a one-out-one-in queue system – like a super-hot Quake dance club that has a digital bouncer! So, if you launch and can’t get right in there right away, that means there’s already 500 Users playing, but it will let you know what number you are in line as you form a perfect line in the digital queue! Technology.

In the chance that you got into the game and you’re searching for a public match, but can’t find a game…

Due to the smaller population of players on PTS, there’s a chance you won’t be able to easily find a public match quickly; but you can also use the official Public Test Server forum (exactly where you're reading this) to add your fellow PTS players to your friends list and organize matches in Custom.

This is all awesome, but WHERE IS CTF?!?

As we previously discussed on stream, we’ve been moving ahead with development on CTF due to popular demand and want to have it in PTS as soon as possible. We’re targeting November for PTS – so stay tuned Champs!

Hey guys – I have some feedback!

Great news! Please keep all Feedback right here on these forums, cause the internet is a dark and full of terrors! And really, it’s just easier to keep the PTS conversation here. Look for a Feedback MEGATHREAD on whichever build we’re on.

Enough w/ all these Quakestions! Get to the super light abridged Patch Notes already! Fair enough. Here goes…

Build Highlights
  • New Champion: Eisen
    • Health 125/100
    • Armor 50/100
    • Speed 310
    • Active Ability:
      • SENTRY TURRET - Places an automated turret that tracks enemies and fires hyperblaster laser bolts.
    • Passives:
      • REPURPOSE - Reduce ability time cooldown by 10% when collecting Light Armors.
      • SALVAGE - Reduce ability time cooldown by 20% when collecting Heavy Armor.
  • New Arcade Modes:
    • Instagib Classic: Visor-only, no abilities.
    • Insta Mystery: Random Champions, Active & Passive abilities deal insta-damage.
    • Mystery Sacrifice: Utilize the random champions you receive to capture and defend the obelisks.
  • Future Map in testing: Citadel
  • Feature: Post-match Victory Animations
  • Performance improvements, optimizations
  • Added Weapon Position game option, allowing players to force all weapons to the center or right of the screen, or choose to keep them at their vanity weapon defaults.
  • Decreased round transition times in Slipgate
  • Fixed Enemy Outline ‘ON’ option
  • Fixed Enemy Outline Color options to correctly apply the chosen color to the arrow, outline, and Fresnel lighting.
  • Fixed options resetting to default every time the game is launched
  • Capture time in Sacrifice Tourney restored to 150 sec (from 60s)
  • Centered the Boomstick (DOOM 2 SSG) by default
  • Fixed AFK Timer for viewers of streams in the Watch browser

Misc Changes & Fixes
Champion Balance
All Champions

• Reduced damage of all damage dealing abilities
  • Cooldowns unified at 45 sec
  • All active abilities disable shooting for 500 ms
  • Walk speeds unified at 160 ups
  • All ability explosion radiuses unified to 3 m
  • All explosion min splash damage unified to 10
  • All explosive weapon splash radiuses unified to 3 m
  • All explosive weapons min splash damage unified to 10
All Light Champions

• Starting AP 0 to 25
  • Max AP 50 to 75
  • Overmax AP 125 to 150
  • Starting AP 0 to 25
  • Max AP 50 to 75
  • Overmax AP 125 to 150
  • View Height 0.66 to 0.9
  • Crouch Height 0.38 to 0.5
All Heavy Champions

• Starting AP 100 to 75
  • Max AP 150 to 125
  • Overmax AP 225 to 200
Anarki

• Starting AP 0 to 25
  • Max AP 50 to 75
  • Overmax AP 125 to 150
  • View Height 0.66 to 0.9
  • Crouch Height 0.38 to 0.5
  • Disable shooting after injection 750 to 500 ms
  • Disable zooming after injection 1350 to 500 ms
Athena

• Starting AP 0 to 25
  • Max AP 50 to 75
  • Overmax AP 125 to 150
  • Disable shooting after grapple throw 480 to 500 ms
  • Disable zooming after grapple throw 480 to 500 ms
  • Improved the physics behaviors when Athena grapples downward
B.J. Blazkowicz

• Walk speed 155 to 160 ups
  • Disable shooting after initiating dual-wield 0 to 1 sec (double the weapons, double the weapon delay penalty)
  • Dual-Wield Rate of Fires
    • Gauntlet 1.6x to 1.25x
    • Machinegun 1.5x to 1.25x
    • Shotgun 2x to 1.25x
    • Tri-bolt 2x to 1.25x
    • Rocket Launcher 2x to 1.25x
    • Lightning Gun 1.45x to 1.25x
    • Railgun 2x to 1.25x
  • VO updated, now using the voice of Brian Bloom, BJ from MachineGame’s Wolfenstein series.
  • Disable zooming after initiating dual-wield 0 to 1 sec
  • Disable shooting after dual-wield expires 0 to 500 ms
Clutch

• Starting AP 100 to 75
  • Max AP 150 to 125
  • Overmax AP 225 to 200
  • Walk speed 150 to 160 ups
  • Mining Drill rate of fire 52 to 125 ms
  • Mining Drill damage 7 to 10
Death Knight

• Flame trail duration after impact 6 to 2 sec
  • Flame trail direct contact damage 5 to 0
  • Flame strike direct damage 40 to 25
  • Flame strike max splash damage 40 to 25
  • Flame strike min splash damage 20 to 10
  • Flame strike radius 2 to 3 m
  • Fire Dot 5 to 10 damage per tick
  • Fire Dot 5 to 10 second duration
  • Spit player collision projectile size 0.2 to 0.5 m
  • Acid Dot 5 to 10 second duration
  • Acid Pool lifetime 9 to 10 sec
DOOM Slayer

• Cooldown 50 to 45
Eisen

• Health 125/100
  • Armor 50/100
  • Speed 310
  • Cooldown 45
  • Sentry turret fov 140
  • Sentry turret damage 15
  • Sentry turret rate of fire 250 ms (60 dps)
  • Sentry turret projectile speed 40 m/s
  • Sentry turret projectile accel 20 m/s
  • Sentry turret health 120
Galena

• Cooldown 35 to 45 sec
  • Disable shooting after totem toss 430 to 500 ms
  • Disable zooming after totem toss 430 to 500 ms
  • Normal Totem damage 75 to 25
  • Upgraded Totem damage 75 to 50
  • Totem radius 2.5 to 3
  • Totems now remove all debuff effects, like fire and acid dots
Keel

• Starting AP 100 to 75
  • Max AP 150 to 125
  • Overmax AP 225 to 200
  • Cooldown 50 to 45
  • Disable shooting after grenade 0 to 500 ms
  • Disable zooming after grenade 0 to 500 ms
  • Grenade swarm delay between shots 400 to 500 ms
  • Grenade swarm min splash damage 15 to 10
Nyx

• Starting AP 0 to 25
  • Max AP 50 to 75
  • Overmax AP 125 to 150
  • Cooldown 40 to 45
  • Disable shooting after leaving ghostwalk 0 to 500 ms
  • Ghostwalk telefrag damage 8000 to 75
Ranger

• Cooldown 25 to 45 sec
  • Disable shooting after throw 250 to 500 ms
  • Disable zooming after dire orb throw 250 to 500 ms
  • Dire Orb Fly Through Damage 100 to 25
  • Dire Orb max splash damage 100 to 75
  • Dire Orb min splash damage 0 to 10
  • Dire Orb telefrag damage 8000 to 75
Scalebearer

• Starting AP 100 to 75
  • Max AP 150 to 125
  • Overmax AP 225 to 200
  • Cooldown 30 to 45
  • Disable shooting after Bull Rush 300 to 500 ms
  • Bull Rush damage
    • Old
      • 75 > 300 ups
      • 100 > 400 ups
      • 125 > 500 ups
      • 150 > 600 ups
      • 200 > 700 ups
    • New
      • 75 > 320 ups
      • Knockback increased
  • Heavy Weight damage:
    • Old
      • 50 > 400 ups
      • 100 > 500 ups
      • 150 > 600 ups
    • New
      • 75 > 320 ups
      • Knockback increased
Slash

• Starting AP 0 to 25
  • Max AP 50 to 75
  • Overmax AP 125 to 150
  • Revert to Sept movement by popular demand:
    • Crouch speed 160 to 272 ups
    • Crouch slide friction 1.0 to 1.3
  • Cooldown 30 to 45
  • Plasma trail max explosion damage 50 to 25
  • Plasma trail min splash damage 12 to 10
Sorlag

• Starting AP 100 to 75
  • Max AP 150 to 125
  • Overmax AP 225 to 200
  • Cooldown 35 to 45
  • Disable shooting after first acid spit 750 to 1300 ms (500 ms after last spit)
  • Disable zooming after first acid spit 600 to 1300 ms (500 ms after last spit)
  • Spit direct damage 40 to 15
  • Spit direct knockback 5 to 10
Strogg & Peeker

• Cooldown 35 to 45
  • Peeker hyperblaster damage 20 to 10
  • Peeker hyperblaster rate of fire 110 to 125 ms
  • Peeker hyperblaster shot accel 13 to 20 m/s
Visor

• Walk Speed 155 to 160 ups
  • Cooldown 50 to 45

Weapon Balance
All Weapons

Rocket Launcher

• Projectile speed 27.5 to 25 m/s (1100 to 1000 ups)
  • Min splash damage 15 to 10
Lightning Gun

• Damage 7 to 10 and…
  • …rate of fire 52 to 80 ms (134 to 125 dps)
    • Allows armor to give a more accurate absorption rate
    • Reduces the amount of fx, sounds, network calls, while still feeling like a good continuous fire weapon.
Tri-bolt

• Direct damage 45 to 40
  • Max splash damage 45 to 40
  • Min splash damage 4 to 10

Gameplay Balance
Ammo

• Unified weapon ammo pick-up behaviors between modes, so the behavior you experience in FFA is also now present in Duel.
    • Now all weapons will fill you to their starting pickup value if you are low on ammo. If you have the starting ammo value or greater for a weapon and you pick-up the gun again, it will only grant you +1 for low rate of fire weapons or +10 for high rate of fire weapons.
Power-ups

• All power-ups, in all modes, now initially spawn at 90 sec and then respawn every 2 minutes afterwards. (Doing away with inconsistent rules between game modes. Previously power-ups spawned at 45 sec in Sacrifice, 80 sec in Slipgate, and 120 sec in DM/TDM.)
Health Pickups

• All health pickups now remove all debuff effects, like fire and acid dots
  • Small Health can now be consumed when over max health, if the player has a debuff effect.
Blood Pools

• Blood Pools now remove all debuff effects, like fire and acid dots
Teleporters

• Exit speeds are now based only off of your horizontal velocity (ups), no longer taking your vertical (falling) velocity into account.
  • Exit speeds are now capped at 1000 ups
Instagib

• Abilities are still present but only deal normal damage.
  • Only Railgun and Gauntlet deal insta-damage.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I get this game has problems but ffs this is literally the only playable game on the market right now that isn't absolute casual trash. Why the fuck are people playing black ops and siege trash while this game has like 4k players. This gen of gamers triggers me.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
BTW don't buy champion pack in game. Buy it on steam or beth launcher. If you buy it in game, you won't have access to the PTR for some thinkingface reasons.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Maybe because it is a Bethesda game, it runs like shit, you need to pay to unlock characters making it very unfair, it has very few customization features, no custom maps, no custom game modes, rampant cheating, no mods, no nothing. I'd rather play Roblox shooters than this game, at least I don't die because I didn't have the meta champion of the week unlocked and my fate is up to positioning and skill.
Diabotical will be better than this trash.

Cadmus

Arcane
Dunno about the payment. Just buy the pack and treat it like a regular 40 dolla gaem. Works fine. If you choose f2p then dont complain like a retard about unlocking stuff. Thats what f2p is.

Other than that youre right.
I have other problems with the game, dont care about shitty community maps and mods.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
There's better ways to do F2P in this day and age. DotA 2 is essentially the golden example of this as you have everything unlocked by default and all monetization is cosmetic.
To be honest I could have pointed out more shit, like how the game has god awful netcode and balancing and how it is one foot in the grave already.
dont care about shitty community maps and mods.
Please don't comment on Arena FPS ever again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom