Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

Cadmus

Arcane
It does have a shit netcode and shit balance. Basically everything about the game is shit except for the shooting and running around.
The level geometry is shit.
The UI is shit.
The runes and boxes are shit.
The sound is shit.
The music is shit.
The player population and game modes separating it even more is shit.
The champion and map aesthethics are shit, the voice acting is shit...shit, shit and more shit everywhere.

Still don't care about your retarded community creations. Suck a dick.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Maybe because it is a Bethesda game, it runs like shit, you need to pay to unlock characters making it very unfair, it has very few customization features, no custom maps, no custom game modes, rampant cheating, no mods, no nothing. I'd rather play Roblox shooters than this game, at least I don't die because I didn't have the meta champion of the week unlocked and my fate is up to positioning and skill.
Diabotical will be better than this trash.

Complaining about champion cost when your basically playing a demo? Nice one. Just buy champion pack like everyone else. You say "roblox," but ill bet my life you have zero hours played this year and just namedrop it because you think it makes you sound cool, while actually playing some trash like OW. Rampant cheating is straight up made up to make the list longer like "no nothing". Also lets be honest there is no champion in the game you that won't get you shit on by good players.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
It does have a shit netcode and shit balance. Basically everything about the game is shit except for the shooting and running around.
The UI is shit.
The sound is shit.
The music is shit.
The champion and map aesthethics are shit, the voice acting is shit...shit, shit and more shit everywhere.

Sure but everything else has either grand total of 2 players or is casual trash.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
There's better ways to do F2P in this day and age. DotA 2 is essentially the golden example of this as you have everything unlocked by default and all monetization is cosmetic.
To be honest I could have pointed out more shit, like how the game has god awful netcode and balancing and how it is one foot in the grave already.
dont care about shitty community maps and mods.
Please don't comment on Arena FPS ever again.

Your such a brainlet holy shit. Dota 2 has gazillion players which is what affords it the model. Most companies would make 0 $ with that model. Most people don't spend on cosmetics and are only willing to spend on some tangible shit like champion pack. This is a great model which is basically buy to play. Your just triggered your mommy didn't give you enough money for champ pack. It is so fucking obvious.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Planetside 2 is a game that has purchasable guns but no one really does it because the defaults are the best in the game and because they cost too much, like $6 per gun, so everyone, even whales, prefer just grinding out the guns instead. The model is essentially entirely cosmetic only and the game is still chugging along on subscriptions and cosmetic sales. The game also has a small player base, roughly 3,5k on PC.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Why doesn't this game come up when doing a search on the steam store?
Steam did some weird shit lately that after complaints of "adult content" on the store. So your account may have automatically been set to exclude games with certain kinds of "mature" content. This was happening to me and I was wondering if a bunch of shit had been removed from the store until I went to my account preferences and set it to show everything.

GrainWetski

Arcane
The UI is shit.
The sound is shit.
The music is shit.

Sure but everything else has either grand total of 2 players or is casual trash.
So you go with one that is casual trash and you're one of the two players in this game?

abija

Prophet
He's right though. There are both plenty of tools now and huge demand for people with that skillset. Talented people are either trying to make their own games or are hired asap.

Also the f2p model is clearly the best option after dota 2 one (which most companies can't afford).

And to answer Skinnybane, because the devs are terrible and the game is infuriating to play. Also that edgy talk about casualised games or whatever is irrelevant. You can find good competition in way too many games that don't run like shit.

There's also another big issue. You need to invest time and energy to get good at the game. A good thing, when you can trust the game to not be closed in 1 year. Not the case for QC atm.

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Planetside 2 is a game that has purchasable guns but no one really does it because the defaults are the best in the game and because they cost too much, like $6 per gun, so everyone, even whales, prefer just grinding out the guns instead. The model is essentially entirely cosmetic only and the game is still chugging along on subscriptions and cosmetic sales. The game also has a small player base, roughly 3,5k on PC.

Oh fuck off maybe I would buy your shit if I didn't actually play the game. It took them like two years to adopt that model. It was pay to win until they milked it to a point of a tiny playerbase comparing to release and did it only to keep milking the few retards playing that trash further. Just get a job instead of shit posting on codex loser.

Actually on release it was pretty decent the first few weeks grind wise. It was possible to actually ftp grind all the good shit somewhat, creating the illusion of a good non ptw game. Then they hit it up with the usual pay or grind for years trash model for many years costing them nearly entire playerbase. Only then they were like oh shit we fucked up and made it a decent model again.

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

And to answer Skinnybane, because the devs are terrible and the game is infuriating to play. Also that edgy talk about casualised games or whatever is irrelevant. You can find good competition in way too many games that don't run like shit.

You have literal casual trash OW that does look amazing for fps you get and no you can't get competition by design on it. I was mid gm for first 5 seasons. Too many bullshit heroes. I agree it was competitive in the beginning tho (first 3 seasons).

Getting 150 fps on rainbow 6 and black ops 4 is HARDER then in quake. That leaves basically only CS to play if you want optimised competitive game but you have to like that type of tactical angle holding shooter which I don't. I have 1080 TI OC and R6 dips to 140 constantly while black ops dips all the way to 120 and less. OW tho yea optimised really well. I can run it 300 fps basically with a lot of settings on high or utra.

I really wona hear your list of games that somehow managed to slip my awareness that is both fast paced competitive shooter and is optimised that isn't some trash like OW. Obviously it has to have a playerbase as well.

Dirty Bomb was just canceled as well.

The next quake patch looks pretty damn amazing as well.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
SkiNNyBane

Good competition has a requirement of active players. The quality of the game comes into discussion if the pop is large enough. And speaking of quality, QC sets the bar FUCKING LOW (atm at least) when every tournament was dominated by some bullshit mechanic.

R6 at 60 fps feels smoother than QC at 200. The frame rate shown in the game is averaged over some seconds and if you use RTSS with fast update you'll notice plenty of spikes. R6 is not a fast paced arena shooter either (and pretty sure 1080ti for high frame rate is not required in any competitive game, 1070 should do fine at 1080p, just need a fast cpu and lower details, EXCEPT QC which was built on a terrible engine and not even 5hz cpus can handle it on tiny small map 2v2).

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
SkiNNyBane

Good competition has a requirement of active players. The quality of the game comes into discussion if the pop is large enough. And speaking of quality, QC sets the bar FUCKING LOW (atm at least) when every tournament was dominated by some bullshit mechanic.

R6 at 60 fps feels smoother than QC at 200. The frame rate shown in the game is averaged over some seconds and if you use RTSS with fast update you'll notice plenty of spikes. R6 is not a fast paced arena shooter either (and pretty sure 1080ti for high frame rate is not required in any competitive game, 1070 should do fine at 1080p, just need a fast cpu and lower details, EXCEPT QC which was built on a terrible engine and not even 5hz cpus can handle it on tiny small map 2v2).

Bro I don't disagree. Shit has lots of problems. Next patch is basically majorly nerfing every dmging ability which is a step in the right direction. Quake champs used to spike like shit to me until 1080ti so I feel you. You can fix it by downloading a really old windows 10 version. If someone actually needs the specific version to dl and what to do I can write it out. With ti I don't need to do that anymore tho.

But still I've yet to hear of this one game that is worth playing. It used to be QC and Dirty Bomb with all their problems. Now its just QC. I fuck around in black ops 4 too but R6 and CS are just too different of games. And OW has all the shit that is annoying about QC x 1000 minus performance issues.

I don't have problem finding games as I am an old fag who has access to quake streamer discords and live in US E where its plenty popular.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
If it improves, I'll be glad. But atm just cut it with the crap about 1080ti and old windows versions... game is simply broken.

But still I've yet to hear of this one game that is worth playing.
Worth it to you? No fucking clue.
Worth it to other people? Pretty much any populated multiplayer game, shooter or other genre.

abija

Prophet
Performance still shit, ability nerf is such a positive change makes you wonder if removing all actives wouldn't be a big plus. Just balance passives, stats and size.

I had my fair share of corporate baffling decisions yet they always manage to amaze me.
How fucking retarded can you be to invest this much into the game and not change that incredibly shitty engine with either idtech or unreal (or just buy the reflex guys and their engine but that would make way too much sense for corporate mongos).

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
QC engine IS idtech.
Reflex engine would need heavy modification to make it work, the engine doesn't even support textures.

abija

Prophet
It's sabertech with code copied from QL for movement, game logic and other shit like that.

And seriously, a map like corrupted keep or ztn has no excuse for not running at 300+ fps if the engine and map makers aren't both pure shit.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Rework the motherfucking downtime, it's what's fucking driving everyone away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom