Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Quantum Break - now available on Steam

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Morgoth, Aug 12, 2014.

1. sullynathan Arcane

sullynathan
    and ms wonders why people aren't taking their pc stuff seriously

^ Top  
  2. Declinator Arbiter

Declinator
    Maybe don't hire celebrity actors if you don't have enough resources for even basic requirements.

^ Top  
  3. toro Arcane

toro
    The game was developed and optimized primary for Xbox therefore AMD GPU.

This approach guarantees abysmal performance on nVidia. No surprise here. Remedy is a competent developer.

The problem is MS which tries any sleazy trick to hook up suckers with xbone. You cannot full-screen a game released on Win 10? Come on.

^ Top  
  4. tormund Arcane

tormund
    Has anyone here bought this?
    It would be funny to eventually see their sales number on PC (not that MS will ever release them, they can't even fall back to piracy excuse anymore).

^ Top  
  5. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    I've yet to see people talking about the game (outside of this thread ofc).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    It just looks boring.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    What's with all this rotoscopic realism shit?

^ Top  
  8. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Only consoles on codex are the one capable of running weaboo jRPG garbage and discussed! in appropiate subforum.
    Xbone don't have any jRPG = no discussion on this site (except this thread).

^ Top  
  9. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Saw some gameplay on the YouTubez. It's like a derpier Max Payne. Do these guys do anything other than bullet time shit?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Llama-Yak Hybrid Wild Sheep Dumbfuck

Llama-Yak Hybrid
    Kek.

Pro tip - all multiplats are made for AMD GPU's.

^ Top  
  11. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    AMD endorses the decline of PC gaming.

^ Top  
  12. Llama-Yak Hybrid Wild Sheep Dumbfuck

Llama-Yak Hybrid
    Yeah, right, because gameworks isn't the biggest decline PC gaming had in the last few years.

AMD just has better cards. Nvidia had huge advantage of having better drivers but they've improved so new benchmarks generally show R9 390 wrecking GTX 970 simply because the card has more "horsepower", hence in the end it performs better. Same thing for other cards. HD 7970 is still competitive against mid-tier cards while its direct competitor GTX 680 isn't. One card was designed to last for years, the other was designed so cucks will buy another one after it comes out.

_________________________________________________________________________<<< rine ends here

^ Top  
  13. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    This is all Microsoft's fault. Rise of the Tomb Raider, another DX12 title, runs quite well on both NV and AMD.

^ Top  
  14. Yep, I see some people mentioning Rise of Tomb Raider as another example of Microsoft trying to destroy PC gaming, but you could get Rise independently of the Windows Store. People who actually bought it on Windows Store as a 'universal app' or whatever its called must be absolutely retarded. I activated a copy on Steam and had no performance issues at all.

^ Top  
  15. Sòren Arcane

Sòren
    watched the first 1 1/2 hour of gameplay of this "game" on youtube (fortunately there are uncommented walkthroughs so you don't have to listen to some retard breathing into the mic for hours).

gameplay looks like generic boring shooter with slow-motion sequences but the most off-putting thing is that you have to watch episodes with real actors between the chapters to get to know the full story. this stinks. who the fuck wants to watch a mediocre thriller tv-show inside a game?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    This is mostly NVIDIA's fault actually, the 900 series can't support some major features of DirectX12 that improve performance.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Why does the technology matter when the underlying game is bad?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    I wasn't talking about the game I was talking about performance

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. AwesomeButton Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I've been watching an LP by some popamole LPer who has an un-annoying voice. I really like the "writing" so far, and the fact they've tied it in with the tv show. Combat sequences are your usual Max Payne, which can be as dull or as fun as you can play it, depends on your style and skills with playing shooters. I was going to pirate it to try it out but I found out I need windows 10, so MS can go fuck themselves. It's an interactive movie with dull combat anyway, and I can already watch it at 1080p on youtube.

Which I guess is totally not Max Payne 3's engine updated?

^ Top  
  20. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Uhm...no? MP3 uses Rockstar's own RAGE engine. Completely unrelated to Remedy.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. AwesomeButton Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I had forgotten MP3 wasn't done by Remedy :) A friend of mine told a couple of days ago "Quantum Break man, by the guys that made the Max Payne games" and I never checked it.

^ Top  
  22. Valdetiosi Scholar

Valdetiosi
    I don't need this game, since I have Timeshift, an FPS made in 2007, that not only lets you also stop time and slow it, you can reverse it too.
    Granted, it's useful only for few puzzles, but otherwise the game requires less and plays much better than Quantum Freak.

^ Top  
  23. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    is this shit?

^ Top  
  24. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    No it's great, buy it.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  25. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Don't make me break my foot off in yo ass, son.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.