Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spiderweb Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor - Jeff Vogel's new series continues

Aemar

Arcane
Vogel's mandatory Kickstarter begging scheme, probably more financially important to him than the launching of the game itself.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not that interested in this one, likely to have the same horrible perspective as the first one and the same dumbed down char development.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Queen's Wish 1 had some nuggets of creativity but you had to wade through a deep pile of shit to get to them.

Having said that, the guy is doing something to me that I don't understand which makes me sure that, the sucker that I am, I will back the inevitable kickstarter.

It's probably the memory of playing the first Geneforge and Avernum games...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you really need kickstarter for this? Just fire up rpg maker, buy some sprites, cobble together a mediocre story and in six months you're done with making the same game for the 20th time.

If you're making a stereotypical RPGMaker JRPG then sure, you can churn out games, but if you want to do anything but a basic JRPG with RPGmaker, then you have to download a million custom scripts or make your own and then pray they're compatible with each other and don't break with updates.

Also I believe RPGMaker extension/script makers can declare licenses which decide how their extensions can be used.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
and the same dumbed down char development.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Are you saying that it is possible to dumbed it down even more?!

Yeah Queen's Wish had even more dumbed down char development than his newer titles.
Yeah,i agree,it was a mobile game. I am curious if it is possible to dumb it down for the second game. Queen's jizz was the first vogel game i couldn't finish,it was just that shit.

Drowed

Arcane
Have you tried it? Regrettably, it's not that simple.

Can't be that hard, since STEAM is packed with literally thousands of games made on RPG Maker. Hell, even I have an RPG Maker project done in RPG Maker 95 using the unofficial translation from Stifu and Don Miguel. Obviously it's complete rubbish, but I was 13-14 at the time, so it was to be expected.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Do you really need kickstarter for this? Just fire up rpg maker, buy some sprites, cobble together a mediocre story and in six months you're done with making the same game for the 20th time.

You joke, but I can legit probably replicate most of the systems in Vogel's games on RPGmaker. Not a knock on Vogel, probably more of a compliment for RPGM.

Probably even vastly improve on the art too.

But why would anyone do that? We could do that on Unity and actually make money.

Terra

Cipher
Some years from now after it's revealed QW2 is reusing all the old artwork from QW1 with 1-2 new sprites...
6yhoBf3.jpg

Legit dropped the original midway through and I can't see myself returning to it, hence no interest in this new entry beyond mild curiosity of how much Jeff manages to drum up from his fanbase and how little said amount influences the final product.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought I owned the first of this series, but when I checked my library I found I confused Queen's Wish with Avadon. As someone who really enjoyed the Exile and Geneforge series, I dropped Avadon part way through. I'm guessing Queen's Wish is closer to Avadon than his other games?

I actually started playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit (never played the first Avernum), and it's worse than Exile: Escape from the Pit in almost every way. The only change I like is the dialogs that happen before boss fights. It's a nice bit of extra flavor. Other than the graphics and mechanics simplifying, it seems to be a pretty straightforward re-creation. Everything in the beginning is playing out just like I remember (though the world feels smaller from the larger view). We'll see if I stick with it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Did *anyone* come out of the first game going "oh boy, I hope he makes more of these"?
Think there's 3 or 4 codexers who finished it, and i doubt anyone had such strong reactions. It's more like its the drought again, i wont mind playing another one like this. Turn based combat was ok,encounters good , presentation ok but it sorely need more complexity and character choices, you wont spend one hour in the character creation.it's getting really barebones, the keep management especially . After games like kingmaker it certainly look lacking . Risk averse guy kickstarter with a set goal of 30k that will receive 100K, no surprises.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

No, you don't really need Kickstarter especially given the still shit look of his games. There's been free RPGmaker games that look better. But who would say no to free money, certainly not Mr. Copy-Himself

Narushima

Cipher
Why do the ships have Word 97 clipart on their sails?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom