Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

question about final boss and crit, spoilers inside dont read if you havent played the game

Discussion in 'Iron Tower Studio' started by like new stuff or whatever?, May 3, 2019.

1. hivemind Liturgist Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    Has unpoisoned Agathot been buffed in any of the like semi recent updates? I remember killing him ages ago with like a random axe build but like now I get like 60% hit chance on a fast attack with 170 attack rating and he one turn kills me at 150 defense + mind shield and 40 hp in about 4/5 cases.

also did you change about how crit is calculated, I swear I dont think I remember getting crit often at all during the early version of the game but like yesterday everyone from the earliest teron fight was critting me left and right

please respond

• Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    lol git gud

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hivemind Liturgist Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    I mean I killed it easily with a crossbow build, but it like felt meh because used power amor and a bolas

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. hivemind Liturgist Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    and many times before, I am just curious if there were any changes beause ti seems different than I remember

like buddy I beat every fight in this game other than like the fucking ancient hard antidas fight in teron demo days because it got nerfed before i could complete it(my greatest aod related shame and regret) so don't fucking tell me to git gud I AM ALREaDY GOOD reeeee

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    No system or balance changes in the last 2 years.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Void_Pickle Educated

Void_Pickle
    That was an immensely satisfying one to beat.

Good thing you can tell what game this topic is for from general discussion.

^ Top  
  7. PlanHex Arcane Patron

PlanHex
    Crit was changed to give +15 rating instead of +10 per level of CS like in Dungeon Rats, which is probably why everyone (including you?) is critting more these days.

I'm assuming enemies actually have skill levels and not hardcoded crit ratings, and that they weren't changed when this balance change happened.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    That was 2 years ago (Mar 23, 2017).
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/666937047906028512

Yes, all enemies have proper stats, skills, and inventories.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.