Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Question about Map/Quick Travel...

TigerKnee

Arcane
Well, I'm not sure if anyone will read this but eh, worth a try.

Why is it that sometimes clicking on a map area square allows you to quick travel to a location, while sometimes it just gives you a compass? The help file says quick travel through this method only works "in towns" and not dangerous areas, but it seems completely random for me as some towns have this ability and some don't.

Makes some areas kind of annoying IMO.

TigerKnee

Arcane
1.8 with "small fixes" (assuming I didn't fuck up while using the fixes)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
It's normal. Probably they don't properly marked some map squares (or draw the borders) as town area.

assuming I didn't fuck up while using the fixes
If your main characters can die in combat then all is fine.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Oh well, another factor that makes playing this annoying, since you do a lot of walking in towns to solve quests.

Between this, constant crashing, the terrible camera angle and how said camera makes it such that clicking on objects is harder than it should really be, I'm not sure if I can stick this game out to the end.

Kind of a shame, I do like the character mechanics system. If only it was free of such interface concerns...

TigerKnee

Arcane
I know it's adjustable, still annoying to have to tweak the camera every 5 minutes due to the way clicking on objects in this game works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom