Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Quintessential RPG monster(s)

Quintessentual RPG monster

• Total voters

V_K

Arcane
I'm sick and bored, so why not make a retarded poll?
What do you think is the quintessential RPG moster and why? Discuss!

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Giant rat. I still remember my amazement when I tried to kill Disciples of Steel's giant rats and was killed instead. I'm fool, should have started with bats!

Dorateen

Arcane
Moose Rats from Might & Magic III, for a unique take on the giant rat concept.

42-mm3_0067.png

himmy

Arcane
I voted for Giant Spider, but I was hesitating between this and skeletons. I still remember the utter ass-kicking I got when I first playing Gothic 2 and made the mistake of assuming Gothic skeletons behave like those in other games and quickly fall under my sword.

V_K

Arcane

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The quintessential monster of RPG's is the character creation.

In a good way previously for giving me hours to tackle my character/party build, in a bad way today with all the streamlining.

Who gives a fuck if it's rats or something else if it is good to play through interesting gameplay systems. :obviously:

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I voted for giant spiders, as in some games they can hide on ceilings and/or poison you.

I remember MM VI had masses of them in one of the temple dungeons in Ironfist. They didn't climb walls, but they could poison your party.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well, you see bandits, skeletons and giant rats in basically any RPG ever. I chose giant rat. In basically half of RPGs you always start off killing rats.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Remember the Might and Magic 6 Temple of Baa skelly trap? I doo :obviously:
I still remember,also remember castle Darkmoor.Those annoying skeletons with the funny hats.Temple of Baa is easy now,i can even go trough it without resting more than 3-4 time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom