Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R-E-D-A-X-I-U-M: A game you may never remember. PUBLIC ALPHA THREAD

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since I am the only other member of the dev team, and REDACTED cannot post in this section of the forums yet, REDACTED has politely asked me to make a thread for R-E-D-A-X-I-U-M. This thread is also for feedback and critique; I do sound and music, REDACTED does everything else.

You can download the current alpha build here; the game is updated once or twice a week on average -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/30t37iebdi5guw3/AADQ1DHubF4mt6BX4SU1x3W-a?dl=0

You can also discuss the game more directly with the man himself here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/tech-support-and-more-my-game.138063/

Here's a summarization/pitch document composed by REDACTED:

peQOj6i.png

Some screenshots:

HqjWapqh.jpg

4SrhLzj.png

Last edited:

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
sounds great, guys. posting here to watch the thread. looking forward to an official release!

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
i'm helping pompi with the revising english translation for his newest game, golden fall 2, but after i'm done with that it's back to making sound assets for R-E-D-A-X-I-U-M

stay prosperious, men

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
REDACTED wanted to showcase a video of the latest revision, here it is:

note that i'll probably redo the combat music because the track REDACTED picked doesn't fit in my opinion

SexExitium

Augur
Incredible sound design man, the game sounds exactly how it looks. This will be the Garden of Earthly Delights of video games

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Incredible sound design man, the game sounds exactly how it looks. This will be the Garden of Earthly Delights of video games

i didn't expect my outsider dark ambient music to get used for anything, but here we are

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really like the music.
The graphics are a complete mess that would look better with leaner menus and interface.

boot

Prophet
I think it's too early for early access men

playing as rogrog I wasn't able to fit through the door in starting area, played as Jrah and a lot of stuff seemed totally broken, combat doesn't really seem to work at all. The lore and art are interesting but I don't think it's in a playable state

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
today i've managed to rework and improve sound files prosper did himself; the recordings he originally did were salvaged where possible since i didn't want them to go to waste

they should be implemented in the next patch

boot

Prophet
i checked. you were right about rogrog. should be an easy fix. as for: "played as Jrah and a lot of stuff seemed totally broken, combat doesn't really seem to work at all" i need lots more details on this.

So I didn't play for long but I encountered:

little things

-when speaking to NPCs and selecting a choice on the dialogue tree I'd get no response and be booted out of dialogue
-completed a quest that I never got, just spoke to a guy and quest I never got was completed
-the rogrog thing

big thing (so I may just not fully understand how your game works but)
combat

-I didn't enter turn based mode when fighting rats and mutants (am I supposed to). Maybe combat early on is supposed to be impossible but couldn't figure out how to fight rats, they beat me to near death and I was then able to just walk away, they didn't chase there was no penalty kind of weird but maybe that's the point.

-got jumped by gang member, this was in turnbased mode. Did no damage to him during the fight, inn guard killed him (inn guard gained a ton of exp and jipjips too don't know if that's intended)

-got jumped by another gang member and this time fled. I successfully fled but then every few seconds the game would stop as if I was still in combat and it was waiting for the rounds to pass. This didn't end after a time so I closed game.

I dumped all points in strength, chose slayer trait, and had chaos and fire affinities if that means anything. It could just be I suck at the game and combat works the way it's supposed to but it's all too opaque, and the general feel of the game is that it's just not ready to be played so I wrote the whole system off as broken. Would like to go back and explore Redaxium, cool place, but not yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom