Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R.I.P. Rex

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Dibs on his pleasure hose.

obediah

Erudite
Well if he was kicked for editting accounts and basically just using his admin powers for stupid jedi tricks, then I think that's a good call. I've seen enough people in arguments with Rex bitching about editing posts that it's certainly not a stretch.

All in all, I think he's a fine member of the community. We piss and fight, but he does have his moments, and I hope he can handle the transistion from staff to member.

LlamaGod

Cipher
He was fired for going against the rules laid down on him, like you would get fired at a job.

This isnt a 'walk the plank' kinda deal, so just keep it chill.

Shevek

Arcane
Honestly, I cant say I didnt see something like this coming. Though everyone on the Codex staff seems to have varying tastes and motivations, Ex seemed a bit contrary to the rest in some basic respects and his antics with regards to editting posts and fueds with Clive Whateverhisnamewas were somewhat distracting. Also, it just seemed that, lately at least, much of the criticism launched against the Codex seemed to be aimed at opinions voiced by Ex with regards to Troika, Diablo, etc.

Its a shame he couldnt leave on better terms and I hope this web graphics drama gets cleared up. In any case, good luck to both parties.

LlamaGod

Cipher
With how loud and opinionated he is, you would think being on his own would be a benefit. Instead he just comes back to moan about shit for no reason.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
never5cr.gif

LlamaGod

Cipher
Major_Blackhart said:
Eh, he's like an annoying rash. Scratch him enough he gets infected. Leave him alone, and he eventually goes away.

Yes, we've all had our jabs at Rex, but he's more or less gone now so its pretty pointless.

He was like a busdriver that kids throw shit at while he's driving, it's fun to see him get all pissed and plow into someone. But now we got a new busdriver so it's kinda retarded to keep throwing shit at him.

I just dont want WAVE OF SASSY DRAMA taking over every freakin board, it's dumb and annoying. When there is a news team on TV and someone gets a boot, people leave a comment on their career and then someone takes their spot and does their roll, it's the same thing here. We dont need little bitch fights over old shit.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Heh, that busdriver analogy reminds me of the bus cam video somewhere on the net. The bus driver gets so pissed off he gets out of his seat and starts hitting and choking kids. All caught on camera. The kids stay defiant to the end and proudly stand up to him and tell him how he's going to jail.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
fine biggity bitch :D ebaumsworld, click on archives, go to June 05. Should be there or in the May 05 archives. Anything more I cant do as I'm at work.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I got myself an orange one, I hope you don't mind Jolly. This is a non profit venture and your art has been credited.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom