Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage 2 from Just Cause devs

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is a shame that they went further down the boring "open world" road. This game would be much more better with out open world (like %90of open wolrd games)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's true that it maintains interest in a game in the long-term, but to me it gives the impression that it's just an extension of the "we can patch it later" culture that comes with modern videogames which enables buggy games at launch and gives you less reason to buy the game at launch before its GOTY edition. It's also questionable whether the roadmap will be upheld if the game sells like shit at launch and prompts the publisher to have the devs work on another game or sequel instead.

There are definitely games released in a "fuck it, it's November, just ship it" state, but I don't think this one qualifies. The issues with the game are poor world design and story, and those aren't "patch it in later" issues. I guess you could argue New Game+ was put off for later or something, but it's pretty minor. The game wasn't buggy for me at all, and the combat is excellent. It just has nothing around that.

Also they sold a deluxe edition with the expansion included, so it would be very hard for them to cancel it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The combat is so good I think $20 is easily worth it, but then I tend to be more liberal with money than many here. I recommend the "Worth a Buy" review on Youtube, it's pretty spot on.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The "expansion" for this is only available in-game, purchased with "Rage Credits" and tied to Bethesda's servers. Isn't that something Steam used to outlaw? It pretty much guarantees I'll never buy the fucking thing, even in a sale (if they have sales?).

passerby

Arcane
You can buy rage coins for the Steam version on Steam, maybe even only on Steam, like with DLCs for Uplay games.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You can buy rage coins for the Steam version on Steam, maybe even only on Steam, like with DLCs for Uplay games.

I know, but I feel like there used to be a rule from Valve that if you sold DLC in-game it had to also be sold through Steam. You can buy "Rage Credits" directly from Bethesda, which would allow them to cut Steam out on revenue. I assume this is the reason they did it in the first place.

Anyway it requires you to verify with Bethesda's servers while you play which is a big fuck you from moi.

passerby

Arcane
As I've said you can't buy DLCs on Uplay, for Uplay games bought on Steam, so these rage coins may be the same way. It was always about getting the cut from the sales, Valve don't care from whose servers the content is downloaded from.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Rage 2 : Terrormania

• New Location: The Deadlands – Explore an alternate reality version of the wasteland. Once you complete the DLC story, you’ll be able to return to each location in the Deadlands and experience them again.
  • New Enemy: Army of the Dead – Face off against the undead versions of familiar factions like the Goon Squad, Immortal Shrouded, River Hogs and Abadon Muties.
  • New Weapon: Sword of Transitus – The Wasteland Wizard goes on and on about how the Sword of Transitus is an ancient relic of unspeakable power, capable of unlocking pathways between worlds… but it’s totally also a really cool sword you can stab people with, and that’s way more important. Charge up the Sword of Transitus to unleash an arc of devastating force.

RAGE2_TerrorMania_SwordWalk.png

I want Deadlands RPG shooter hybrid.

This is surprisingly dull. I didn't have high expectations since the first Rage wasn't anything great, but the guns felt good so it was fine for a dumb shooter. Played a little bit of this from game pass and I'm leaning toward deleting it, I'll give it a bit longer to see if new weapons/abilities/enemies improve things but for a hot-pink post apocalyptic shooter I don't know how they managed to make it feel so boring. The story front is also boring which ISN'T surprising since the story was shit in Rage 1 as well, but they do little self-narration moments with the protagonist but then they do absolutely nothing with it. Not really any jokes, no toying around with the game itself (Like Call of Juarez Gunslinger where the gameplay changes as the narrator changes his story), nothing, just "I'm the Rage Dude and this is some background about this NPC you don't care about".

Come to think of it, I started on nightmare but maybe I should roll it back to hard or normal. My usual assumption is crank the difficulty up but given how bullet spongey enemies feel maybe the game's more enjoyable on normal and playing like an idiot, so long as it cuts down on HP bloat.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I thought the combat was super good and it baffles me others don't agree. However yes, I agree everything else in the game is incredibly dull and boring. The "Worth a Buy" guy on Youtube echoes my thoughts pretty well.

typical user

Arbiter
Come to think of it, I started on nightmare but maybe I should roll it back to hard or normal. My usual assumption is crank the difficulty up but given how bullet spongey enemies feel maybe the game's more enjoyable on normal and playing like an idiot, so long as it cuts down on HP bloat.

Upgrade your weapons to level 3. Upgrade your dash. You will run out of targets before you get your seratonine shot.

Upgrade your weapons to level 3. Upgrade your dash. You will run out of targets before you get your seratonine shot.
I'll prioritize those, then. Haven't been fucking with this since blowing up that big tower about bored me to tears (Playing peekaboo with my car for 5 goddamn minutes, plus finishing Operencia) but I'll try to focus on those.

Ivan

Arcane
Unsuprisingly dull. It has fun toys to play with, but no level design or enemy compositions to warrant a full game.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ye, I had fun with first game. Had many tech.problems but action was fun.
It had the most shitty FPS ending of the decade BTW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom