Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RAID MODE coming for Grimoire 4.0!!!!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
:positive:My son Cooper's idea! We both enjoyed playing Hunk in the RE2 Remake raid mode!

Yes, it is hilarious to contemplate a raid mode for a turn-based 2D blobber. Totally serious, it will be in the next version of Grimoire along with many other features.

... I think it started when Cooper and I were saying ... what would be the one feature nobody would ever expect to appear in an update of Grimoire ?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
shitmore.jpg

frajaq

Erudite
Raid Mode's are an alright addition if the base gameplay/campaign is solid

Just some alternate fun for certain people that want to see how long they last

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Don't you fight boss mobs in raids. I could actually see this though, I've only watched a few youtube raids. In MM3 there's a section you fight all the creatures in the game wave after wave in an arena. MM4 may have had this but with Xeens and shit. Maybe, a raid mode of a random map with the baddest fucking mobs in the game. Maybe they're on steroidsir a variant. Dunno. I thought it was limited to mmos though.

What's the difference from this to an actual roguelike mode?
Maps are the same and there's not a quest/objective other than surviving. Since cleve mentioned RE's raid, he's probably thinking of designing/redesigning maps specifically for this mode. Click on 28:30 in the video to see what happens between "rounds" (score, buy perks, buy and sell loot, etc)

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

This image is insensitive.

I will never forget the day after my father-in-law was sitting recovering from his triple bypass in the kitchen and my mother-in-law thought it would be hilarious to walk up and suddenly spray insecticide down his throat so she could get him to croak and leave her his money. They were all howling with laughter as he choked and coughed and turned blue. Nothing funnier than offing Pops.

ArchAngel

Arcane
:positive:My son Cooper's idea! We both enjoyed playing Hunk in the RE2 Remake raid mode!

Yes, it is hilarious to contemplate a raid mode for a turn-based 2D blobber. Totally serious, it will be in the next version of Grimoire along with many other features.

... I think it started when Cooper and I were saying ... what would be the one feature nobody would ever expect to appear in an update of Grimoire ?
Wait, didn't you say that you are leaving Codex forever if Trump loses?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Raid Mode is a very addictive game mode in Resident Evil Revelations 2 that I've sunk about 70 hours into and have not once touched the main story mode because of it except for the opening prologue.

I'm warning you, this mode is meth.

Old Hans

Arcane
Sorry but, what exactly is a raid mode?
you ever play Everquest back in the day? a raid is when you get 100+ people to fight the dragon. this is exactly the same thing except in Grimoire

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Raid Mode is a very addictive game mode in Resident Evil Revelations 2 that I've sunk about 70 hours into and have not once touched the main story mode because of it except for the opening prologue.

I'm warning you, this mode is meth.

Even after you have played it 100 times you go back for more. I've really enjoyed trying to make it through without firing a shot, just dodging zombies with superb timing at the exact moment before they grab for you or lunge your way. Awesome, worth the price of the game alone.

These are called "Ghost Missions" because they are the alternate adventures of people who actually died in the course of the game. The run with the fat crazed survivalist through the parking garage is pretty awesome but it ends too quickly.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Am I missing something? I don't recall a mmo-mode in Grimoire. How is a raid going to work?

jungl

Augur
Custom maps with set of encounters with prebuilt characters? Powerful items you can choose to use after certain points so the party survives till the end of the map. Anything else would require a lot of new coding.

Too bad res3 re and village are whatever. I loved how in res2 re the zombie model gore and the zombies are practically indestructible unless you blow their heads with a shotgun. It actually felt like a genuine bioweapon that could wipe out a small city irl. Zombies that are put down with a bonk on the head or one headshot like those in walking dead and most zombie fiction are a joke and unbelievable could cause a apocalypse.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Zombies that are put down with a bonk on the head or one headshot like those in walking dead and most zombie fiction are a joke and unbelievable could cause a apocalypse.

You know the brain is controlling the body, right?
Someone skipped his biology classes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom