Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The Second season pass is out and here are the contents:

847e465fd8.png

Link

Year 2 will feature operators from Spain, Hong Kong, Potatoland and South Korea.

41a84e5a88.jpg

Link

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Top kek for going with Hong Kong CTUs - I mean really? Some potatoes in there are nice.

Anyone having a much easier time in ranked this season? I am almost Diamond already and all I have been doing is playing while shitfaced drunk so far this season

sullynathan

Arcane
Anyone having a much easier time in ranked this season? I am almost Diamond already and all I have been doing is playing while shitfaced drunk so far this season
My brother is diamond already, god it was hard as hell to pass gold a couple months ago. Heard it got way easier to rank up now.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
My brother is diamond already, god it was hard as hell to pass gold a couple months ago. Heard it got way easier to rank up now.

It's easier to rank up, but also easier to rank down now. That is a better system IMO - before it felt like a grind, earning sometimes just +2 points for your matchmaking rank. And yes I agree, I have been stuck in Gold IV/Platinum I hell constantly switching between the two before :)

How do you guys like the new operators? The japanese chick is fun, but her Assault Rifle has too little Ammo :<

sullynathan

Arcane

It's easier to rank up, but also easier to rank down now. That is a better system IMO - before it felt like a grind, earning sometimes just +2 points for your matchmaking rank. And yes I agree, I have been stuck in Gold IV/Platinum I hell constantly switching between the two before :)

How do you guys like the new operators? The japanese chick is fun, but her Assault Rifle has too little Ammo :<
I actually haven't played the game in a good 3 months now, but I will try it again in 2 weeks. Going back into Six Siege is intimidating because of how easy it is to die. I've seen my brother play it, he likes the new operators, especially the guy one. His little drone looks useful.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Are broads in actual HR and CT and SF teams in the real world, I wonder? I'm too lazy to google, of course.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Are broads in actual HR and CT and SF teams in the real world, I wonder? I'm too lazy to google, of course.
Not in any of the ones that are represented in-game at least.

Amusingly, with a couple of more seasons, we might end up with all female operator teams in some matches, and we only need one more female attacker for the offensive team to be a taco fest(still need two more for the defensive operators however).

db85b15c6a.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Haven't played in a while. So when I heard they realeased a new DLC in Japan me and my friends played some 10 ranked matches.
And hot damn, these 2 last maps are very easy to get lost or ambushed.
Well done ubisoft.

Also I am glad to see that blackbeard got a proper nerf (he was insanly OP when peaking through windows) and the operators in general are well designed and balanced (although who the fuck tough it would be a good idea to put claymores in Attackers and grenades on defenders).

Also glad for the 4 new DLC next year, but I am kinda concerced if they will be able to keep the balance between the 8 new operatators, the previous ones has well as all the maps that the game will have by then

Claymores are easier to spot than, say, Kapkan's traps and the impact grenades given to the defenders are more of a wall destruction tool than anything.

It's perfectly reasonable.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The grenades I am okay with them.

But the claymore's it's just...

The problem being that they are to be used as traps wich on attackers are very useless. Why?

First because it's just too dangerous to place them on the action phase. You are after all in a hostile environment where you don't have any safety and someone can be watching from anywhere in the building.
Second it takes too much time in a game where every second is precious. It's because of this reason and the first one that the defenders have 1 minute where they can fortify and trap the map without the fear of getting shot.
And third, like you said, they are easy to spot. And anyone that has played this game for bit knows how to be watchful. In the time that I have played since they made these alterations I haven't seen nobody die because of a claymore.

Serioulsy, Thermite needs his frag's back.

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Patch 5.2 is out and the most notable changes are the long awaited Tachanka buff with his turret getting a shield and the PVP version of Bartlett University being released. There's also various operator tweaks(ex Bandit getting a fourth battery now) and weapon tweaks.

More Details here

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
After a couple ranked matches I can safely say that the shield isn't something to be very excited for.

While it does offer some protection and adding the deployable shield is a good way to further reinforce that, a full magazine shoot at the shield even with a Makarov PM or a M1911 is enough to destroy it.

The 2 absolutly worst things about this update is the nerf on Blackbeard and the buff on Fuze.

Blackbeard shields now are very fragile (2/3 shoots from a assault rifle is enough to break it). The last update had it right.

And Fuze now carries 3 cluster charges with him, wich besides being too much it's now very hard to play with since everyone else tries to pick him (and most people don't know when is the best time to use them).

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
After a couple ranked matches I can safely say that the shield isn't something to be very excited for.

While it does offer some protection and adding the deployable shield is a good way to further reinforce that, a full magazine shoot at the shield even with a Makarov PM or a M1911 is enough to destroy it.

The 2 absolutly worst things about this update is the nerf on Blackbeard and the buff on Fuze.

Blackbeard shields now are very fragile (2/3 shoots from a assault rifle is enough to break it). The last update had it right.

And Fuze now carries 3 cluster charges with him, wich besides being too much it's now very hard to play with since everyone else tries to pick him (and most people don't know when is the best time to use them).
They should give 'chanka the ability to change elevation with the turret: ie being able to lower it into a crouched position.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Nah that would be useless. Now if we could set up the deployable shield much closer to the turret (since the BETA the turret most have a 2 meter distance from any obtacle of it's turning area, altough the shield's height doesn't reach the machine gun) it would make Tachanka even more viable and safe to play.

Also the stance on the turret already makes it look like he is taking a dump, a crouch stance would be even more ridicoulous.

Last edited:

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Has the hit detection improved or is it just me? Game feels less janky these past few days.

Blackbeard nerf has caused everyone to stop picking him, so I don't have to rush to pick him now. The fact that he's still playable (further) proves how unbelievably broken he was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom