Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane

Lucumo

Educated
Sir, we discuss games in this thread, not monetization schemes pretending to be games.

It really does just like like corporate whale hunting #3563
Yeah, imagine shilling for a mobile monetization scheme. You have to be an absolute degenerate to do that. Because of....people like this, we get less games and more shit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
RanceX: Wound up using the same save for grand invasion and from the skies.
Grand invasion was a cool ending but Kayblis at the end was really easy, not sure if I am upset or not. I guess it's earned considering how strategically hard it is to meet the requirements for the ending, but it still felt a bit anti-climactic.
Also I was today years old when I realized Kayblis name actually means contempt squirrel. Pretty shamefur since I realized the naming scheme for his disciples, but didn't quite connect it.

From the skies was basically just from the sea but shorter (and easier?). Kayblis at the end was fairly challenging though, since I wasn't on Shariela route. The two legendary treasures should be nice for after mode though, or so I hope.

Meanwhile the hornet fight in after mode is really hard. So much immunity and self heals, seems like you'd need to just rng it and hope you can sleep/interrupt her every time she tries to refresh the orbs. I really wish you could save before it though, as having to redo the la sisters fight makes it very annoying.
Now... onto part 2.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
MG are making a physical edition of RQM, but still no announced progress on 9... why are they such terrible people?

As for X part 2 (srsly spoilers!)
I'm sad the series is ending on such a mediocre epilogue. I guess it still has time to shape up (I've only found 1 orb so far), but for now the plot progression feels glacial and there's been no interesting/hard bosses, nor do you get the satisfaction of building your team via card drops...

The gameplay side of things is really gutted.

On the plot side, did rance becoming maou give his dick time travelling powers? How did he manage to have a kid with suzume(does she get rezzed in 9,have a kid and then get killed off again?!) ? Or crook/senhime for that matter?

Jason Liang

Arcane
MG are making a physical edition of RQM, but still no announced progress on 9... why are they such terrible people?

As for X part 2 (srsly spoilers!)
I'm sad the series is ending on such a mediocre epilogue. I guess it still has time to shape up (I've only found 1 orb so far), but for now the plot progression feels glacial and there's been no interesting/hard bosses, nor do you get the satisfaction of building your team via card drops...

The gameplay side of things is really gutted.

On the plot side, did rance becoming maou give his dick time travelling powers? How did he manage to have a kid with suzume(does she get rezzed in 9,have a kid and then get killed off again?!) ? Or crook/senhime for that matter?
Well... keep playing.
Senhime was already knocked up in part 1, no?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Hmm. She doesn't look pregnant (image in spoiler)
sengime.png
But I guess it is possible she had already had her child, but I don't recall it being mentioned, just that she runs the nursery at rance castle (and she does introduce rance to a lot of babies in one scene, so omitting her own would be weird).

And rance shouldn't be making anyone pregnant during Rance X, for obvious reasons.

Jason Liang

Arcane
sengime.png
But I guess it is possible she had already had her child, but I don't recall it being mentioned, just that she runs the nursery at rance castle (and she does introduce rance to a lot of babies in one scene, so omitting her own would be weird).

And rance shouldn't be making anyone pregnant during Rance X, for obvious reasons.
That's... bizarre. I'm not sure how you ended up with Senhime that's not carrying her baby:
rancex22002.jpg

rancex22001.jpg

Truly perplexing. Did you somehow not get Senhime as a card?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
sengime.png

That's... bizarre. I'm not sure how you ended up with Senhime that's not carrying her baby:
rancex22002.jpg

rancex22001.jpg

Truly perplexing. Did you somehow not get Senhime as a card?
I scrolled to the right in the model viewer :)
I did not realize it was her child, for some reason I thought it was a placeholder :M

How do you get the view in your second screenshot?

Arthandas

Arbiter
How do you get the true end in Rance 6? I did everything and I still can't access it, here are my options:
ALCG0000.png
ALCG0001.png
I have all CGs except for one which I presume is the true end one.

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out, apparently raising Sel's FR to 30 is not enough, you also need to visit every single church.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Hey, at least they're still pretending to work on it, even if progress is glacial.

Meanwhile in Rance X part 2
I'm approaching demon lord's castle with all 5 orbs. Roughly how much is left?

At least the bosses are getting a bit interesting to fight. Also what does Arms' passive do?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So the gacha mobile game Beat Wars Escalation Heroines has Rance as the antagonist of the current event. Nagi and Shizuka are obtainable characters, though you would likely have to spend money to collect Shizuka. Game is probably still not worth your time, but consider this a service announcement for hardcore Rance fans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom