Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

notpl

Arbiter
I put down some $hekels and tested various ChatGPT models once I got it working with autotranslator

IqdE8hM.jpeg

myUbzuW.jpeg

still needs some work but playable enough
Page us when you have it all wrapped up in a neat little archive I can just drop into the game directory, tia

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I put down some $hekels and tested various ChatGPT models once I got it working with autotranslator

IqdE8hM.jpeg

myUbzuW.jpeg

still needs some work but playable enough

Do you have a custom built support GPT API? I don't think current release support it

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Ah the reason Xunity Autotranslator works is that this new Heluo game is using older Unity build

I guess they just modified their old "normal game" engine used in Tale of Wuxia to Path to Wuxia

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
According to achievements only 35% of players (so far) finished the prologue...

Seen some complaints it's too much like Fate Seeker 2 with the investigations (and actually protagonists are very similar too) but that game is one of the best reviewed Shina games on Steam.

Expectations about Heluo are always too high.

GuardHei

Novice
Didn't realize the Tale of Wuxia's peoples next game is set to drop in 10 days:

Is Tencent really involved? I am kind of unwilling to touch any of their stuff with a ten foot pole.

Apparently Tencent helped Heluo get the IP of Gulong's work, and technically Tencet invested in Heluo, so...
Nowadays Tencent just owns a bit of everything.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
The wifu stuff is surprisingly engaging.

Gu-Long-2024-02-18-22-58-11-56.png

Gu-Long-2024-02-26-23-28-34-16.png

Gu-Long-2024-02-26-23-36-18-66.png

Gu-Long-2024-02-26-23-41-12-34.png

Gu-Long-2024-02-26-23-47-37-47.png

How the heck do you get names translated correctly

So far I am getting the name party translated as a word because I think the put the character names letters in different "slot" so MTL consider them as 2 words

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Just add it manually because even ChatGPT 4.0 is too dumb to recognize names even with a custom prompt

朱=Zhu
七七=Qiqi
朱七七=Zhu Qiqi

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I'm in chapter 3 and there's very little meat to the main story. Which likely explains the middling review score: the game must be very disappointing to those who just rush through main quest.

Tons of side content, though, but this way you outlevel the main quest extremely quickly. Then again, only really challenging fights are the bounties, which are almost like puzzles.
Is there some benefit besides story scenes?
From side quests you always get some skill book, unique weapon or other unique item. You only level up from battles though.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So I took on Scorpia and her band of toxic femininity. This crazy battle was almost allegorical.

4 (why not 6 in this case lmao) against a swarm several levels above my party and Scorpia was meant to be invulnerable (the AI came up with "Primordial Behemoth", which is spot on).

Still, it was doable until the "indestructible tank" Shen Lang got one shotted by Scorpia. :dealwithit:

Thought I'd have to come back later but still shouldered on. Then Lu Xiaofeng (best character in the game, funnily enough I thought I'd hate him before the game) did a one-man show while healing wifu (who's very good with mechanisms and chit) reduced Scorpia's speed into the negatives and her internal energy to 0. A NPC who unexpectedly showed up to help was very useful as well (a nice touch, as until that point he was basically used as a comic relief loser).

These impromptu battles are where the game shines. The main quest is a snoozefest in comparison.

6Vm1jkk.png

6LkQ06J.png

Xrtf7mG.png

ziSEG4A.png

Apa9P58.png

r83rvw0.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Just add it manually because even ChatGPT 4.0 is too dumb to recognize names even with a custom prompt

朱=Zhu
七七=Qiqi
朱七七=Zhu Qiqi
I am ripping the asset but yeah the reason that Xunity Autotranslator can't recognize name even when it kinda worked in other Chinese games is because the game stores characters' names in Surname and Name Column which are entered in different slots in game, hence characters' will be fucked up when translated

I assumed you are using Translator++ for Chat GPT support?

Last edited:

911 Jumper

Educated
Sci-fi / fantasy Soulslike RPG The Night Wanderer announced for PS5, Xbox Series, and PC
The Night Wanderer is a hybrid of RPG and Soulslike genres, characterized by unique solutions and an innovative approach to tried-and-true mechanics. The game utilizes level design known from Metroidvania games and a combat system native to Soulsborne productions, which emphasizes dynamic yet tactical gameplay.

At the same time, a significant aspect of the whole experience is a clearly outlined, engaging storyline; the game features quest design known to avid fans of classic RPGs.

Based on the award-winning novel by Jaroslaw Grzedowicz, the player takes on the role of Vuko Drakkainen, an elite soldier and mercenary who embarks on a solitary mission to the uncharted alien planet. Playing as Vuko, shed your spacesuit and don an armor. Several scientists from a previous expedition went missing on Midgaard, a planet inhabited by beings remarkably reminiscent of the people of our Early Middle Ages. The planet is surrounded by a radiation field that distorts and damages all forms of advanced technology.

The part of the world where the game’s action takes place shows strong resemblance to Earth’s Scandinavia. The planet hides many secrets and its mysterious forces change everything within its reach: creatures, objects, and even people. It significantly influences the world that Vuko travels and interacts with, as well as shapes key gameplay features such as combat and character interactions. Learning the planet’s mysteries is bound to unravel what happened to the scientists you seek.
During his journey, Vuko is accompanied by Cyphral—a biological AI connected to the hero’s nervous system, whose task is to support him in his dangerous mission and greatly increase his strength, reflexes, and endurance. Cyphral’s presence will help the player when facing the unknown. Vuko will have to traverse otherworldly lands inhabited by tribes and beasts and uncover what is really happening on this strange, alien world.

Source: Gematsu

Retardo

Learned

They are selling this in a bundle with Fate Seeker 1 and 2
Does anyone know if this Journey thing supports AutoTranslator ?

notpl

Arbiter
Fate Seeker is really not enjoyable without speaking Chinese. The story is actually quite good - and complicated - and there is a lot of it, including mystery/detective sleuthing segments. The only thing you're left with if you can't properly appreciate that stuff is a very mediocre action-rpg combat system.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Sci-fi / fantasy Soulslike RPG The Night Wanderer announced for PS5, Xbox Series, and PC
The Night Wanderer is a hybrid of RPG and Soulslike genres, characterized by unique solutions and an innovative approach to tried-and-true mechanics. The game utilizes level design known from Metroidvania games and a combat system native to Soulsborne productions, which emphasizes dynamic yet tactical gameplay.

At the same time, a significant aspect of the whole experience is a clearly outlined, engaging storyline; the game features quest design known to avid fans of classic RPGs.

Based on the award-winning novel by Jaroslaw Grzedowicz, the player takes on the role of Vuko Drakkainen, an elite soldier and mercenary who embarks on a solitary mission to the uncharted alien planet. Playing as Vuko, shed your spacesuit and don an armor. Several scientists from a previous expedition went missing on Midgaard, a planet inhabited by beings remarkably reminiscent of the people of our Early Middle Ages. The planet is surrounded by a radiation field that distorts and damages all forms of advanced technology.

The part of the world where the game’s action takes place shows strong resemblance to Earth’s Scandinavia. The planet hides many secrets and its mysterious forces change everything within its reach: creatures, objects, and even people. It significantly influences the world that Vuko travels and interacts with, as well as shapes key gameplay features such as combat and character interactions. Learning the planet’s mysteries is bound to unravel what happened to the scientists you seek.
During his journey, Vuko is accompanied by Cyphral—a biological AI connected to the hero’s nervous system, whose task is to support him in his dangerous mission and greatly increase his strength, reflexes, and endurance. Cyphral’s presence will help the player when facing the unknown. Vuko will have to traverse otherworldly lands inhabited by tribes and beasts and uncover what is really happening on this strange, alien world.

Source: Gematsu

6N1Vqtg.jpeg

Retardo

Learned
Fate Seeker is really not enjoyable without speaking Chinese. The story is actually quite good - and complicated - and there is a lot of it, including mystery/detective sleuthing segments. The only thing you're left with if you can't properly appreciate that stuff is a very mediocre action-rpg combat system.
Hm, from reviews here I got the impression that FS is more about fetch quests and tiddy waifus, but eh.

BTW, heiluo pushed some big updates on tale of wuxia recently, that are rumoured to restore cut content/art.

Not for the english version, of course.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I finished Gu Long and the middling review score so far is understandable. But for now I give it 7/10 rather than 6/10.

Now if somebody could translate the wifu ending slides

Lhuv5zw.png

lOv42uH.png

sL5jpJC.png

k4WkoEr.png

8DhVS3u.png

Characters are cool, the side content in the game is excellent, but main story is not very interesting and in chapter 4 is suddenly extremely rushed with annoying rail-roading and teleporting around. Chapter 5 is rushed and at the end raises more questions than answers. It’s clear there will be added content.

After beating the final douchebag, the pink gurl shows up but doesn’t really say anything significant. Strangely enough, playing through the final battle again after the end of the game the scene with her was different, and she revealed a lot of important information. Bug?

m9u5D2B.png

UFcqNPT.png

Combat is good but the power curve in the game is insane. I had some nice fights, like with Scorpia, but only because I was massively underleveled. The bounty hunting fights are nice as well, which work more as puzzles.

At supposed climactic battles at the end of chapter 4 you can deploy 6 party members, but at this point almost every character can straight up delete multiple enemies. In chapter 5 you can deploy 8 party members for part of the final battle, which is a joke.

X6O8C8C.png

Even healing wifu can at that point simply shoot enemies in the face Indiana Jones style since the best mechanism is a literal pistol. Able to do 2,000 damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom