Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Green fairy demo is playable

yOHWzGS.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This one looks pretty cool, but no English translation. If someone told me that the game was made by Helup Studio, I'd believe them based on the Steam trailers.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This one looks pretty cool, but no English translation. If someone told me that the game was made by Helup Studio, I'd believe them based on the Steam trailers.

This is a Unity Game

You can use this plug in: https://github.com/bbepis/XUnity.AutoTranslator#ui-font-resizing

Basically the above plugin will use machine translation (including DeepL as option) and inject the translated text directly to the game. Of course there are some issue when you have massive original Chinese text (the translation wont fit to the box) but otherwise works like a charm now. I am playing the game right now.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
^ works with Ho Tu Lo Shu as well

which is gud since the patches that add new content don't work with translation patch

ExJkTtg.jpg

TI2wvVq.jpg

NGIxLoY.jpg

of course names will always get fukked up, in this case 孔金 Kong Jin

Nostaljaded

Savant
Can be done manually (an expected feature for auto machine translators), check the 'Manual Translations' subsection.

Just a matter of how far one wants to go for correct name translations/better sentence parsing.
My Rance X name/noun translation has 400+ lines.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Fate Seeker Unity based, and can you use that plugin for that as well?

Also, should I use the Standalone (ReiPatcher) installation?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It will work with Fate Seeker and also Path of Wuxia. Fate Seeker already has a translation patch but there are some issues with names that might be fixed this way.

It also works with that weeb game and second game from Fate Seeker dev. But needs some fine tuning.

lXu6TZX.jpg

qRpRkkl.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Definitely will buy Song of Wuxia later in the week then

wonder if this one is unity based too. Heck now I wonder how much of those Wuxia indie games are Unity based. I am particularly interested in whether this one is unity based or not

I assumed in the past that game that is made by Unity always has the Unity splashscreen. But it would seems not. I think HTLS doenst have one?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Oh yeayh, I've seen English Fate Seeker screenies in this very thread. Starting to get a bit senile, it seems.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
geyeh4x.jpg

I don't get why this game has mixed reviews, it's basically Path of Wuxia without the autistic sperging. And it has really butifel gurls including Hongshang

e90x9rn.jpg

inadvertently now working on translation patch :codexisfor:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
There's only one Chink game I'm interested in.

Taiwan games use traditional Chinese characters so that's at least a small plus

I got DOS version of 俠客英雄傳1 (1991)

YKZqJ5H.png

ZE05u0X.png

sfZ0u45.png

ulD5EYZ.png

and both DOS/XP version of 俠客英雄傳3 (1997)

bEPBHX7.png

16eKxC2.png

Y290g31.png

Maybe xp version can be haxx0rd

Still looking for 天地劫序傳

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Shrimp's signature move has been translated as "wild ball fist" until now which is a literal translation of the characters. But it's rock paper scissors, you can even see it on the icon.

4YZtdJx.png

q4pKAcq.jpg

It's even used in Wapanese, but with a perverted twist of course. While jankenpon is common rock paper scissors, yakyuuken is the strip version you see in those retarted gravure variety shows.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I've spent the last weeks looking into the history of Chinese RPGs, was quite shocked at how there's barely anything about them in English... so I prepared a very basic article with an overall timeline and the most relevant titles: https://felipepepe.medium.com/before-genshin-impact-a-brief-history-of-chinese-rpgs-bc962fc29908

The point is not to go in-depth on specific titles, just to serve as an introduction to people who never heard of a single Chinese game. If anyone has some insight or feedback to offer, I'm all ears.

downwardspiral

Learned
I've spent the last weeks looking into the history of Chinese RPGs, was quite shocked at how there's barely anything about them in English... so I prepared a very basic article with an overall timeline and the most relevant titles: https://felipepepe.medium.com/before-genshin-impact-a-brief-history-of-chinese-rpgs-bc962fc29908

The point is not to go in-depth on specific titles, just to serve as an introduction to people who never heard of a single Chinese game. If anyone has some insight or feedback to offer, I'm all ears.
I remember there was a time where everyone online in Chinese forum complain about how shitty and lack of improvement Chinese RPG games were. during 90s.
And now that era is somewhat considered as golden age by many.
Although I do like some of the newer indie wuxia game.

There is a very common theme among Chinese gaming forum and dev since 90s.
That is people often treat gaming as a means to propagate culture instead of just being a recreational hobby.
People discuss about how to get westerner or Japanese senpai to notice Chinese Games everyday.
And often love to compare international AAA games to Chinese domestic games.

Since 90s it is always, "why can't Chinese make AAA games that propagate culture outside of China? like Japan?"
It never change much, it just now instead of comparing it to 3D tech of FF7 FF8, they are comparing it to Witcher 3.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for Fate Seeker 2. Chinese only:

The content of “Fate Seeker 2” depicts the story of the unruly teen, Zhuge Yu, growing up. Zhuge Yu's parents passed away early when he was a child, and when he grew up learning about his parents' deeds against the deaths of powerful officials, he made an early ambition to make the person who framed his parents bear the crime they deserved, and inherited his parents' will to eradicate corrupt officials. In the game, the player plays the role of Zhuge Yu, while secretly investigating the reasons why his father was framed, while completing his father's will, through collecting clues and hints, and reasoning to solve all kinds of complicated and confusing cases. In the end, the truth is found out step-by-step, breaking the mastermind behind the scenes, and achieving a clean and honest world.

The content of the game includes character development, reasoning and exploration, and real-time combat. Through the allocation of the Eight Trigrams points and mix-match configuration, players can develop a unique role; and the task play is full of fun, meaningful dialogue, numerous clues and hints, and solve various difficult events through reasoning; without switching scenes in real-time combat, coupled with the free matching system, allows players to get a hearty and refreshing gaming experience.

In addition, the elaborately designed open and seamless map, lined with the vivid 2D dynamic illustration, will create a high degree of freedom and realistic world of Kung Fu universe. Other game mechanisms such as various combinations of the Eight Trigrams operation, endless changes in free allocation points, martial arts essence, mix-match skills, and free use of fist swords and cudgel. Players will fully feel the fun of thinking and exploring and surprises everywhere in the game.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Fate Seeker 2 is Unity and will work with auto-translate plugin regardless. But it's still a ton of work fixing names and weird sentences.

That weeb game is normally 15 hours max but I already spent 10 hours on the first 3 chapters of 7. Spending more time alt+tabbing than playing really burns you out, especially with a game light on gameplay like this one.

z7utb5c.jpg

downwardspiral

Learned
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII is a bit disappointing. They should really go back to 2D Ink wash painting art style with turn-based combat.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058710/_Medieval_Monarch/
Old game but since no one mention it yet.
Crusader kings and Taiko Risshiden are popular among Chinese players.
So people made some Medieval lord game that is similar to both. Focusing more on the role playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom